We Are Expecting a Baby Boy!Category: Personal
When I first learned that my wife was pregnant April 5 of last year, I was so excited at the thought that I’m going to be a father! But the excitement was cut short when she had a miscarriage a month later. She was carrying in her womb a blighted ovum and had to undergo a D & C procedure (known as raspa in the local lingo) immediately.
It was the lowest moment of our life as a couple. We were very much devastated. That underdeveloped embryo was supposed to be our first child. But we know that God has better plans for us so instead of sulking over our loss, we decided to just let it be.
Fast forward to today, Wendy is again pregnant. Make that, 7-months pregnant.
Even after what had happened last year, we still stuck to our plan of having our children be born on a November. You see, Wendy and I are both born on that month (she on the 19th and I on the 20th) and we also want our children to share their birth month with us. So during her fertile period last February, I filed a week-long leave and when she missed her menstruation a month later, our suspicion that she was pregnant was confirmed with this pregnancy test kit result below:
To be sure, we went to a local clinic to have an ultrasound. The presence of a perfectly-formed yolk sac shows that she really is pregnant. Her ob-gyne advised her to have another ultrasound after 1 month to check the embryo’s development.
When the content of her womb was shown on the ultrasound scanner’s monitor during the second ultrasound, I almost jumped with joy. There is already a living fetus inside her. This was our first glimpse of our child. We were so happy!
Since Wendy was discovered to have a low-lying placenta (known as mababa ang matris in the local lingo), we decided for her to immediately file a leave of absence from work until she gives birth. We really don’t want to risk her pregnancy.
Last Thursday, we visited again our local clinic for her final ultrasound. This time, for us to know our child’s gender. Excitement and anticipation filled the air as we waited for the sonographer to tell us the answer to our question, “Is it a boy or a girl?”
Then he uttered, “It’s a boy!” Yippee! We are going to have a son. Someone who will carry my family name for another generation. Someone who I will pass on to my cherished collections. Someone who will share my passion for sports.
Unfortunately, we were not able to see him in full view as he was turned to his side. Nevertheless, knowing that he was normal and without any signs of defect were enough for us.
Our boy is expected to see the light of the world on November 5. Yes, a November. Our dream of celebrating only one grand birthday celebration in our household every November is still alive.
Please read my related posts:
- Cute Internet Meme: Baby Laughing At Ripping Paper We adults should learn from this baby. When you got a rejection letter from a job application, just shrug it...
- My First Taste of Google Juice, How Sweet It Is It was just last night when I checked my Adsense account when I realized that Google had already sent me...
- 2010 NBA Finals Game 4 | This is Why They Call Him Big Baby Davis Boston Celtics reserve center Glen ‘Big Baby’ Davis really wants a new nickname. After leading the Celtics bench in a...
- 2010 NBA Finals Game 4 | Big Baby Leads Celtics’ Bench to Tie Series Playing like a beast and not like his nickname, Glen ‘Big Baby’ Davis drooled his way into scoring 9 of...
- Who R U Picking? Pretty Boy vs Sugar Fans will have a hard time picking between Mayweather and Mosley. After all, they’re two of the best pound for...