TUF 10 Heavyweights: FinaleCategory: MMA
After 12 episodes, the UFC-produced reality show The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights is finally coming to an end with its season finale on December 5, Saturday 9:00 PM PT/ 8:00 PM CT at the Pearl at the Palms in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
At the first semifinals bout held during Episode 12, Roy “The Big Country” Nelson used his belly to pin James McSweeney to the ground in a crucifix position and threw 21 unanswered punches to McSweeney’s head which prompted referee Steve Mazzagatti to stop the fight at the 4:11 mark of the 1st Round awarding a TKO victory to Nelson. Incidentally, that was the same technique used by Nelson against Kimbo Slice on Episode 3. Afterward, UFC President Dana White said that The Big Country finally impressed him.
In the other semifinals match, Brendan “The Hybrid” Schaub and Marcus “The Darkness” Jones clashed it out. Jones started strong and was able to full mount Schaub but the latter escaped. At the stand-up position, Jones delivered a knee to Schaub’s head which momentarily staggered Schaub. Schaub came back strong with a right hand that sent Jones to the canvas. He immediately unleashed a flurry of punches to Jones’ face and the fight was stopped at the 2:11 mark of the 1st Round by referee Josh Rosenthal awarding a KO victory to Schaub.
It’s Roy Nelson vs Brendan Schaub in the finals! Each will try to win and become The Ultimate Fighter and grab that six-figure UFC contract.
In the other TUF 10 season finale headliner, light heavyweights Matt “The Hammer” Hamill and Jon “Bones” Jones collide.
Fan favorite Kimbo Slice will also have his first-ever UFC fight against Houston “The Assassin” Alexander at a catchweight of 215 pounds.
Here is the complete fight card:
* Heavyweight bout: Roy Nelson vs. Brendan Schaub
* Light Heavyweight bout: Matt Hamill vs. Jon Jones
* Catchweight (215 lb) bout: Kimbo Slice vs. Houston Alexander
* Lightweight bout: Frank Edgar vs. Matt Veach
* Heavyweight bout: Marcus Jones vs. Matt Mitrione
* Heavyweight bout: Darrill Schoonover vs. James McSweeney
* Heavyweight bout: Jon Madsen vs. Justin Wren
* Light Heavyweight bout: Brian Stann vs. Rodney Wallace
* Welterweight bout: John Howard vs. Dennis Hallman
* Lightweight bout: Mark Bocek vs. Joe Brammer
Spike TV will air the show LIVE on Saturday, December 5 at 9:00 PM PT/ 8:00 PM CT.
If you can’t watch it on TV, several sites will actually offer it for free like Justin TV, Freedocast, LiveStream and UStream. You just have to look for them patiently. However, most of them are immediately taken down just minutes after the LIVE stream.
UPDATE December 5, 2009: The Ultimate Fighter Season 10 has wrapped up!
Check out the TUF 10 Finale videos.
Check out the complete The Ultimate Fighter Season 10 episodes as well.
Please read my related posts:
- TUF 10 Finale | The Big Country KOs The Hybrid In the season finale of The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights, Team Rashad fighters Roy “The Big Country” Nelson and Brendan”The Hybrid” Schaub meet in the finals. The winner will be dubbed The Ultimate Fighter and will be awarded a six-figure UFC...
- TUF 10 Finale | Kimbo Slice Wins First UFC Fight Kevin Ferguson AKA Kimbo Slice is easily one of the most famous MMA fighters today becoming a YouTube sensation when his unsanctioned street fights against several brawlers were videod and plastered all over YouTube. He won his first 3 matches...
- TUF 10 Finale | Bones Disqualified Against The Hammer Matt “The Hammer” Hamill and Jon “Bones” Jones will headline The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights season finale on December 5, Saturday 9:00 PM PT/ 8:00 PM CT at the Pearl at the Palms in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. Matt Hamill himself...
- TUF 10 Finale | Marcus Jones’ Glass Chin Exposed Marcus Jones don’t like Matt Mitrione. No, despise him should be more like it. The two had a confrontation during Episode 12 of TUF 10 when the emotional “Big Baby” Jones challenged Mitrione to hit him. This was after news...
- The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights Season 10 The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights is the tenth season of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) – produced reality television series The Ultimate Fighter being shown at Spike TV. The show features two former UFC light-heavyweight champions, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Rashad...
- TUF 10 Episode 12: Battle Tested Something was definitely wrong with Kimbo Slice’s knee. Guess what? He has arthritis. That’s what Dana White himself told Kimbo in the previous TUF 10 Episode 11. That means one thing guys, Kimbo is officially out of The Ultimate Fighter...
- Big Fat Roy Nelson is The Ultimate Fighter! The tenth season of the The Ultimate Fighter has wrapped up! The Roy “The Big Country” Nelson vs Brendan “The Hybrid” Schaub matchup co-headlined the finale of TUF: Heavyweights which was held at the Pearl at the Palms in Las...
- TUF 10 Episode 9: Rattled To arouse viewer interest and resurrect the dropping ratings of the TV show after its record-breaking Episode 3, Dana White and the UFC organization is at it again. In the preview video for The Ultimate Fighter Season 10 Episode 9,...
- The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights | Kimbo Slice vs Roy Nelson Fight Preview At the end of The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights Episode 2, coach Rashad Evans of Team Rashad announced that the next fight will be between Kevin Ferguson AKA Kimbo Slice and Roy “The Big Country” Nelson. This early, the match is...
- TUF 10 Episode 3: The Enemy This September 30 at 10 PM, Spike TV will air The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights Season 10 Episode 3 featuring “The Biggest Fight in Ultimate Fighter History!”, a bout between Roy Nelson and Kimbo Slice. The episode is highly anticipated because...