Today is 01.01.10Category: News
People all over the world celebrated the coming of the new year in much joy and revelry. The ball has been dropped at Times Square in New York City, USA. Even Google has a special doodle to celebrate the event.
It’s the dawn of a new year and it brings us a unique take on the date: January 1, 2010 when translated into binary code is 010110.
This seldom happens so math geeks must be rejoicing today.
If you ever wonder what is the decimal equivalent for 010110, it’s actually 22.
0 = 25 = 0
1 = 24 = 16
0 = 23 = 0
1 = 22 = 4
1 = 21 = 2
0 = 20 = 0
so, 16 + 4 + 2 = 22.
You can use this binary converter to check out yourself.
Happy New Year everybody!
Please read my related posts:
- Today is 01.01.11 Goodbye year 2010! Feliz Año Nuevo 2011! It’s the dawn of a new year and just like last year, the...
- Today is Palindrome Day! Why? Because in month-day-year (MM-DD-YYYY) format, the date reads 01-02-2010. That’s a numerical version of a palindrome! What’s a palindrome...
- Today is 10/10/10! I know you’re searching for the date but isn’t it frustrating that when you Google 10/10/10, it gives the answer...
- Happy 1/11/11! This year will be a fun-filled year for numerologists. After all, the year started with a binary set of numbers,...
- Today is 9/9/09, Will I Be Three Times Lucky? I’m not really a big fan of numerology. But since September 9, 2009 or 9/9/09 won’t happen again in another...