WEC 46 | Henderson Unifies Lightweight ChampionshipCategory: MMA
Jamie “Showtime” Varner is the current World Extreme Cagefighting lightweight champion. But Varner’s subsequent inability to perform since his title defense against Donald Cerrone at UFC 38 (despite Cerrone’s ability to do the contrary) has led the WEC to set up an interim title bout between Cerrone and Ben “Smooth” Henderson.
Henderson won that bout and became the Interim WEC Lightweight Champion.
On January 10, 2010,Varner and Henderson will unify the WEC Lightweight Championship and set once and for all who is the rightful owner of the title.
It will be the main event of WEC 46: Varner vs. Henderson to be held at the ARCO Arena in Sacramento, California, USA.
Here are the other matchups:
* Lightweight Championship bout: Jamie Varner (c) vs. Ben Henderson (ic)
* Featherweight bout: Urijah Faber vs. Raphael Assuncao
* Lightweight bout: Dave Jansen vs. Kamal Shalorus
* Featherweight bout: Mike Brown vs. Anthony Morrison
* Featherweight bout: Mackens Semerzier vs. Deividas Taurosevičius
* Bantamweight bout: Charlie Valencia vs. Akitoshi Tamura
* Bantamweight bout: Wagnney Fabiano vs. Clint Godfrey
* Featherweight bout: Mark Hominick vs. Bryan Caraway
* Bantamweight bout: Eddie Wineland vs. George Roop
* Bantamweight bout: Coty Wheeler vs. Will Campuzano
Where do I watch WEC 46 in live streaming online free?
You can watch it LIVE for free on the Versus Network on Sunday, January 10, 2010 at 9:00 PM ET / 8:00 PM CT.
If you can’t watch it on TV, it will be streamed live on WEC.TV for viewers outside of the Versus! viewing area (outside the USA). Several sites will also offer it for free like Justin TV, Freedocast, LiveStream and UStream. You just have to look for them patiently. However, most of them are immediately taken down just minutes after the WEC 46 LIVE stream.
UPDATE: WEC 46 is done!
You can watch the videos of the following bouts:If you want to receive my latest posts, please subscribe to my full feed RSS or have them delivered through email. Just enter your email address below and hit the Subscribe button.