How to Block Those Annoying Facebook ApplicationsCategory: How To
Why would I want to have a pillow or snowball fight with someone?
What will I do with these 14 gifts I received today? Or this heart? Or smile?
You uncovered an Ancient Vampiric Chest and you’re sharing the spoils with me?
Sorry, but no thanks. I don’t want to be your neighbor in Cafe World or join your Mafia either.
This is becoming so annoying.
Facebok before is just a simple social web site where you can post your pictures and give your friends an update about you and vice-versa. You can also establish new friendship with total strangers.
Today, Facbook is getting so complicated with its hundreds of useless applications. I have no problem with my friends using them. However, it becomes a problem with me if they are littering my Faceboo wall with those applications which are actually becoming spammy.
So, if you’re like me who wants their walls to be spam-free, you can actually block Facebook applications from appearing again on your wall.
1. At your wall, click on the name of the application that you want to block.
2. At the application’s page, click on Block Application in the left corner.
3. You will be prompted with the message below. Simply click on Block For You.
4. That Facebook application is now permanently blocked and will not appear on your wall anymore.
1.At your wall, click Block App on the application that you want to block.
2. You will be directed to the page below. Just click on Block friends from posting on my wall.
3. That Facebook application is now permanently blocked and will not appear on your wall anymore.
For good measure, you can remove those applications ALREADY posted on you wall with these steps:
1. In the upper right corner of the application, click on Remove.
2. You will be prompted with the message below. Simply click on Delete.
3. That’s it! Your wall is now free from those annoying Facebook applications!
If you’re concerned that you might be hurting your friend’s feelings by blocking their gifts, etc, don’t worry, they will not know it as no message will be given to them that you have done so.
Please read my related posts:
- Internet Meme: Cartoon Character Facebook Profile Why is everyone changing their Facebook profile picture into a cartoon character? That’s what I asked myself this morning when I logged in to my Facebook account and made the discovery. Apparently, this Internet meme is supposed to boost awareness...
- Yet Another Facebook Experiment When you type facebook in your web browser hurriedly that you forgot the letter k, faceboo happens. Boo! A faceboo is also your boo (slang for boyfriend or girlfriend) that you have first met on facebook. Ok, that term’s just...
- How to Change Your Facebook Profile Picture To Cartoons This has been the trend the past few days: changing your Facebook profile picture into a cartoon character. Although the claim that it is supposed to boost awareness on the campaign against child abuse is being reputed, with some even...
- The Social Network, The Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook Story If you know how to use a computer and access the Internet, chances are, you also have a Facebook account. It’s akin to owning an email address. It has become so popular that it has already overtaken Yahoo! and YouTube...
- The Science Behind a Lebron James Chase-Down Block In yesterday’s 104-86 loss to the Boston Celtics on Game 2 of their Semifinal Round series, about the only thing that was exciting for the Cleveland Cavaliers was seeing Lebron James do his signature move, the chase-down block on Tony...
- A Facebook Experiment Facebok? If you are looking for the number one online social site in the world, then you got the spelling wrong. This post is made to check how many find their way here after searching for facebook albeit in a...
- Another Facebook Experiment What is facbook? Facbook is second only to facebok as the most misspelled variation of the #1 social online site in the world. Based on the Google trends graph below, the number of people who enters both wrong spelling of...
- 2010 NBA Playoffs First Round | Welcome to the Dwight Howard Block Party The Bobcats swarmed Superman in every offensive possession and frustrated him so much that he racked up 5 fouls leaving him on the bench for most of the game. Dwight Howard managed only 5 points and 7 rebounds in Game...
- 2010-11 NBA Season | Let’s Do The John Wall Dougie Urban dictionary defines dougie as a dance move originally inspired by the 80′s rapper Doug E Fresh. He did a motion where he rubbed his head with his hand from the front to the back. The move is now gaining...
- How to Capture the Mouse Pointer As a webmaster, I often add images to my posts. Aside from providing proof and credibility (see How To Play Snake at YouTube or My First Taste of Google Juice, How Sweet It Is), it makes your website not dull...