Site Milestone: 500th Blog PostCategory: Personal
More than a year later; 410 days to be exact, here I am making my 500th blog post. That means in that span, I was able to churn out an average of 1.22 posts per day.
Wow! I didn’t expect I’d be as prolific a writer as this. In my quest to make money online, I was able to write this many. In comparison with my second web site, I was only able to publish 70 posts in 1 year for an average of only 1 post every 5.2 days. Well, that one was really not meant for making money online.
As the 500th blog post, this is a report on what has transpired over the past 410 days it has taken me to write this many.
These are what I gathered:
1. I’m a big sports fan so most of what I write are about sports particularly mixed-martial arts, basketball and boxing. In fact, 283 of 500 or 56.6% of my posts are sports-related. At first, I was having a hard time making money from this site as I don’t know how to monetize a sports blog. I’m really not into sports betting/gambling which are very profitable. However, keyword research and search egine optimization (SEO) helped me a lot. In fact, of my top 100 keywords for my first year, a whooping 87% are sports-related.
So yes, I can say that you are in a sports site.
2. It has taken me 5 months before I made my first ever $100 from Google Adsense and 6 months before I received my first hard-earned money from this site. Check out my total earnings in my one year of blogging.
3. I am utilizing the following advertising networks: Google Adsense, Chitika, Infolinks and Clicksor. My highest aggregate earnings from them in one day was $271.63 on the day of the Pacquiao vs Clottey fight.
4. Tried my hand at high-traffic low-density (HITLOD) keywords which is coined by Prince of Philippine SEO Marghil Macuha from his Guerilla Blogger’s Strategy and Tactics on How to Make Cash Online ebook with Zigfred Diaz which can be found in my post: SEO eBooks That Helped Me Make Money Online. Again, most are sports-related. Some of my non-sports related keywords would be facebok, hack photobucket, facbook, scary maze game, philipino and konami code.
5. Scandals rule! They are sure to bring you traffic; tons of it. The Hayden Kho scandal jumpstarted this site into earning at least $1/day helped of course by Katrina Halili and Maricar Reyes. Then, the Acorn prostitution scandal, Erin Andrews scandal, Greg Oden dirty pictures and the Manny Pacquiao and Krista Ranillo scandal followed suit. The latest to rock this site is the still hot Anne Curtis scandal due to her wardrobe malfunction.
Human curiosity still amazes me.
6. My 499 posts brought me 719,940 unique visitors and 1,041,461 page views for a daily average of 1,756 and 2,540. The post with the highest number of unique visitors and page views is this one about UFC 101 with 28,231 and 36,965 respectively.
7. Those 499 posts received 1,707 comments for an average of 3.42 comments per post. Yes, there are actually people who read what I write. 😀 The post with the most number of comments is I Finally Made $100 From Google Adsense! with 90 comments. I have here featured my top 10 commenters.
Not all of my blogs are about SEO and making money online. I also sprinkled this site with personal details.
1. I was finally able to complete the Our Wedding Chronicles series. It narrates events leading to me and my wife’s wedding last December 22, 2007. I started it with the Pamanhikan post at my old web site and concluded with the Our Wedding Chronicles summary. I did this for me and my wife to have something to reminisce and share to our friends and future kids.
3. I wrote about my day job. Of how I’m helping make the Internet accessible to students of Mindanao, and how I trained the computer teachers and oversee the Internet installation at the schools. I’m not a full-time blogger and just doing this is a source of extra income.
4. I made a series of How To posts ranging in topic from creating anagrams to making $1,000/day in Adsense to cheating in mybrute to making a google bomb to knowing if your site is linking to a bad neighborhood to using Yahoo! Answers to get traffic to your site to blocking those annoying facebook applications.
5. I tried to make my Amateur Lens. My own futile attempt at becoming a photographer. Unfortunately, I have posted only three photos from my vault. I’m hoping to post more in the coming days.
So there you go.
My blog posts might not be interesting or nonsensical for you but this is a way for me to release those random thoughts culled from the deep recesses of my existence.
This might be an added burden for me, facing the computer and writing after a hard day of field work but I enjoy what I’m doing…
… especially since I’m making money from it. 😉
See you on my 1,000th blog post!If you want to receive my latest posts, please subscribe to my full feed RSS or have them delivered through email. Just enter your email address below and hit the Subscribe button.