Adamek Survives “Nightmare” ArreolaCategory: Boxing
Last September 26, 2009 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, USA, Chris “Nightmare” Arreola failed in his chance to capture the WBC Heavyweight championship when he was outboxed by Vitali “Dr. Iron Fist” Klitschko, the champion.
That was his first professional loss.
Seven months later, former light heavyweight and cruiserweight champion Tomasz “Granite Chin” Adamek dealt him his second loss. Despite being outweighed by the larger Arreola by 33 lbs, Adamek was able to absorb Arreola’s punches and worked his way to a majority decision; 115-113, 117-111 and 114-114.
Arreola appeared to be close to stopping Adamek in the middle rounds, but hurt his left hand twice.
Adamek improved his record to 41 wins (27 by KO) with his only loss in February 2007, when he was dethroned as WBC light heavyweight champion by Chad Dawson.
Arreola is now 28-2 (25 by KO) with the two losses coming in his last three fights.
Check out the Chris Arreola vs Tomasz Adamek video below courtesy of YouTube’s HOMMICIDE.
The two boxers fought at the HBO-televised main event at Citizen’s Business Bank Arena in Ontario, California, USA last April 24, 2010.
Tomasz Adamek retains his IBF International Heavyweight title.
Please read my related posts:
- HBO Boxing: Vitali Klitschko vs Tomasz Adamek MATCHUP: Vitali “Dr. Ironfist” Klitschko vs Tomasz “Granite Chin” Adamek EVENT: Walka XXI Wieku: Adamek vs Kliczko DATE: September 10, 2011...
- Nightmare Called it Quits After 10th Round Against Dr. Iron Fist Reigning WBC heavyweight champion Vitali “Dr. Iron Fist” Klitschko was too much for challenger Chris “Nightmare” Arreola to handle. At...
- UFC 114 | “The Hitman” Hathaway Overcomes His “Nightmare” With a hearbreaking loss to BJ Penn at the main event of UFC 107, Diego “Nightmare” Sanchez looks to bounce...
- HBO Boxing: Heavyweight Unification, Wladimir Klitschko vs David Haye MATCHUP: Wladimir “Dr. Steelhammer” Klitschko vs David “The Hayemaker” Haye EVENT: Klitschko vs Haye: The Talk Ends Now, Heavyweight Unification...
- Showdown in Munchen | Vitali Klitschko vs Dereck Chisora MATCHUP: Vitali “Dr. Ironfist” Klitschko vs Dereck “Del Boy” Chisora EVENT: Showdown in Munchen: Klitschko vs Chisora DATE: February 18,...