UFC 113, Rematch Between The Dragon and ShogunCategory: MMA
More than six months after their first encounter at UFC 104, Lyoto “The Dragon” Machida will meet Mauricio “Shogun” Rua in a rematch to finally settle a disputed and controversial decision.
At UFC 104, Machida and Rua engaged in a tactical fight where the former won via Unanimous Decision. Many thought the latter deserved the win as he was able to neutralize Machida’s counters and did damage with his own leg kicks. Shogun also exposed The Dragon’s vulnerability in that fight.
On May 8, 2010 at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, the most awaited rematch in the history of the UFC is coming LIVE via pay-per-view.
Kevin Ferguson more popularly known as Kimbo Slice will also make his second fight in the Octagon after defeating Houston Alexander in the TUF 10 Season Finale last December. He will slug it out with co-TUF 10 fighter, Matt Mitrione.
Also, two top welterweight fighters will clash in the co-main event with Josh Koscheck facing Paul Daley.
Here’s the official fight card:
Main Cards (watch on PPV TV)
* Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Lyoto Machida (c) vs. Mauricio Rua
* Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs. Paul Daley
* Lightweight bout: Sam Stout vs. Jeremy Stephens
* Heavyweight bout: Kimbo Slice vs. Matt Mitrione
* Middleweight bout: Patrick Côté vs. Alan Belcher
Preliminary Cards (not to be shown on TV)
* Middleweight bout: Joe Doerksen vs. Tom Lawlor
* Welterweight bout: Marcus Davis vs. Jonathan Goulet
* Welterweight bout: TJ Grant vs. Johny Hendricks
* Heavyweight bout: Tim Hague vs. Joey Beltran
* Welterweight bout: Yoshiyuki Yoshida vs. Mike Guymon
* Middleweight bout: Jason MacDonald vs. John Salter
Check out the UFC 113 results which will updated as each matchup progress.
UPDATE May 8, 2010: UFC 113 has wrapped up!
You can also watch the following UFC 113 videos once available:If you want to receive my latest posts, please subscribe to my full feed RSS or have them delivered through email. Just enter your email address below and hit the Subscribe button.