2010 NBA Finals | LA Lakers vs Boston CelticsCategory: Basketball
The Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics last met in 2008 when the Celtics won the series 4-2 for their 17th crown.
After dispatching their Conference Finals opponents in 6 games: the Lakers against the Suns while the Celtics against the Magic, these two teams are destined for a rematch of their 2008 NBA Finals showdown.
A lot has changed since then.
Los Angeles now owns the home court advantage. It has also gained championship experience after winning it all last year.
Defensive specialist Ron Artest was added to its roster and will hope to contain 2008 Finals MVP Paul Pierce.
Meanwhile, while Boston still has its Big Three, it has added another potent weapon to its arsenal with the emergence of Rajon Rondo.
1. This is the fourth time in the 64-year history of the Finals that the champions of the last two years are facing each other.
2. This will be the 12th time that the two most decorated franchises in NBA history meet in the NBA Finals.
3. The Lakers advanced to their third straight NBA Finals while the Celtics the first time since 2008.
4. The Lakers entered the 2010 NBA Playoffs as the #1 seed in the Western Conference (57-25) while the Celtics is seeded #4 in the East (50-32).
5. In the regular season, each team won 1 game against each other.
6. The Lakers is led by the tandem of Kobe Bryant (27 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 5 apg) and Pau Gasol (18.3 ppg, 11.3 rpg, 1.7 bpg).
7. The Celtics is led by its Big Four of Paul Pierce (18.3 ppg, 4.4 apg, 1.2 spg), Kevin Garnett (14.3 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 2.7 apg), Ray Allen (16.3 ppg, 36.3 3p%, 91.3ft%) and Rajon Rondo (13.7 ppg, 9.8 apg, 2.3 spg).
SCHEDULE: Lakers won series!
Check out the 2010 NBA Finals Schedule. The NBA Finals will be under a Thursday-Sunday-Tuesday rotation.
Check out the recaps below if you missed the game.
Game 1 recap 102-89 Lakers
Game 2 recap 103-94 Celtics
Game 3 recap 91-94 Lakers
Game 4 recap 96-89 Celtics
Game 5 recap 92-86 Celtics
Game 6 recap 89-67 Lakers
Game 7 recap 83-79 Lakers
Kobe Bryant was named the Finals MVP for the second consecutive year.If you want to receive my latest posts, please subscribe to my full feed RSS or have them delivered through email. Just enter your email address below and hit the Subscribe button.