2010 NBA Finals Game 1 | Lakers Draw First BloodCategory: Basketball
Knowing that their opponent is a physical team, the Lakers one-upped the Celtics by playing more aggressively; constantly challenging every Boston possession and in attack mode on the offensive end the whole night.
It was a game that featured a total of 54 fouls; three of them technical fouls with two coming in the first 27 seconds when Ron Artest and Paul Pierce got tangled up under the basket and took each other down to the floor. They were separated and then given technicals.
After 48 minutes, Los Angeles showed how tough it can be by drawing first blood in the 2010 NBA Finals, 102-89.
Kobe Bryant had a game-high 30 points, seven rebounds and six assists while limiting Rajon Rondo to only 13 points on 6-of-14 shooting and totally ignoring Chris Rock.
Pau Gasol added 23 points, 14 rebounds and three blocks. Ron Artest might have chipped in 15 points but he provided the play of the night that sapped the energy out of the Celtics.
Artest blocked a Glen Davis shot which led to a Gasol dunk. That effectively stopped the 10-1 run by the Celtics in the 4th quarter
Paul Pierce led his team with 24 points helped by going 12-of-13 from the free-throw line.
Check out the Game 1 recap video below:
NOTE: Phil Jackson’s teams (Chicago Bulls and LA Lakers) haven’t lost a series after winning Game 1; a perfect 47-0.
The 2010 LA Lakers is a perfect 9-0 at home this 2010 NBA Playoffs.
Check out the full 2010 NBA Finals schedule to make sure you don’t miss the games.
Please read my related posts:
- 2010 NBA Finals Game 6 | Lakers Rout Celtics to Force Do-or-Die Game 7 With their backs against the wall, the Lakers played with a sense of urgency in blowing out the Celtics, 89-67....
- 2010 NBA Finals Game 7 | The Lakers Reign Supreme! Considering that this is Phil Jackson’s 13th NBA Finals appearance as a coach, it’s amazing to know that this Thursday’s...
- 2010 NBA Finals | LA Lakers vs Boston Celtics The Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics last met in 2008 when the Celtics won the series 4-2 for...
- 2010 NBA Finals Game 2 | Ray Allen Sets NBA Finals Record for 3-Point Shots Made Further cementing his status as one of the best long-range shooters in NBA history, Ray Allen sets an NBA Finals...
- 2010 NBA Finals Game 5 | Paul Pierce Wins Duel With Kobe Bryant Kobe Bryant had his best game of the series netting 19 of his 38 points in the 3rd quarter and...