Word of the Day: StromuhrCategory: News
Do you know what’s a stromuhr?
I bet few people know what it is. And I bet fewer people knows how to spell it.
Fourteen-year old Anamika Veeramani from Ohio, USA is one of those few.
Lucky for her as she won the 2010 Scripps National Spelling Bee today because of it.
For her trouble, she received a $30,000 cash prize and an engraved loving cup trophy from Scripps, a $2,500 savings bond, a reference library from Merriam-Webster, $3,800 in reference works from Encyclopædia Britannica, and a $5,000 cash prize from the Sigma Phi Epsilon Educational Foundation.
Now let’s see if she can spell lopadotemachoselachogaleokranioleipsanodrimhypotrimmatosilphioparaomelitokatakechymenokichlepikossyphophattoperisteralektryonoptekephalliokigklopeleiolagoiosiraiobaphetraganopterygon.
According to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, stromuhr it’s a rheometer designed to measure the amount and speed of blood flow through an artery.
Whatever that means.
Please read my related posts:
- How to Make $1000 a Day in Google Adsense There are many ways to make money online. Personally, I integrate Google adsense ads in my web site to earn...
- A Moment of Silence for Patriot Day In commemoration of the anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks on America, which happened on September 11, 2001 eight years...
- Today is Palindrome Day! Why? Because in month-day-year (MM-DD-YYYY) format, the date reads 01-02-2010. That’s a numerical version of a palindrome! What’s a palindrome...
- Valentine’s Day Poems Tomorrow is February 14 which only means one thing to a lot of lovers out there, it’s Valentine’s Day. It...
- UFC 103 vs Mayweather-Marquez, The Day That Was Last September 20, two sporting events were staged in the US. One is UFC 103 headlining Rich Franklin vs Vitor...