2010 NBA Draft | Washington Wizards Select John Wall With First PickCategory: Basketball
With just a 10.3% chance of winning the 2010 NBA Draft Lottery last May 18, 2010 in Secaucus, New Jersey, USA, the Washington Wizards were able to land the rights for the #1 pick in the 2010 NBA Draft.
In the 2010 NBA Draft held on June 24, 2010 at the Theatre at Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York, USA, the team selected John Wall.
John Wall is a 2010 National Player of the Year finalist who played point guard for the University of Kentucky.
2009–10 John R. Wooden Awardee Evan Turner of Ohio State was picked second by the Philadelphia 76ers.
The New Jersey Nets select Georgia Tech’s Derrick Favors with the 3rd pick.
Xavier’s Jordan Crawford who became controversial last summer because he dunked on Lebron James was pick number 26.
Here’s the complete list of picks in Round 1:
1 Washington John Wall PG
2 Philadelphia Evan Turner SG
3 New Jersey Derrick Favors PF
4 Minnesota Wesley Johnson SF
5 Sacramento DeMarcus Cousins PF
6 Golden State Ekpe Udoh PF
7 Detroit Greg Monroe C
8 LA Clippers Al-Farouq Aminu SF
9 Utah Gordon Hayward SF
10 Indiana Paul George SF
11 New Orleans Cole Aldrich C
12 Memphis Xavier Henry SG
13 Toronto Ed Davis PF
14 Houston Patrick Patterson PF
15 Milwaukee Larry Sanders PF
16 Minnesota Luke Babbitt SF
17 Chicago Kevin Seraphin PF
18 Oklahoma City Eric Bledsoe PG
19 Boston Avery Bradley SG
20 San Antonio James Anderson SG
21 Oklahoma City Craig Brackins PF
22 Portland Elliot Williams SG
23 Minnesota Trevor Booker PF
24 Atlanta Damion James SF
25 Memphis Dominique Jones SG
26 Oklahoma City Quincy Pondexter SF
27 New Jersey Jordan Crawford SG
28 Memphis Greivis Vasquez PG
29 Orlando Daniel Orton PF
30 Washington Lazar Hayward SF
NOTE: John Wall became the third guard taken with the # 1 pick in 14 years. Allen Iverson of Georgetown was taken first by the Philadelphia 76ers in 1996, and Derrick Rose of Memphis was the #1 pick by the Chicago Bulls in 2008.
Wall is actually one of five UK players selected in the first round; a record.
Others picked were DeMarcus Cousins, the fifth pick by Sacramento, Patrick Patterson, the 14th selection by Houston, Eric Bledsoe, the 18th pick by Oklahoma City, and Daniel Orton, the 29th selection by Orlando.
Please read my related posts:
- Washington Wizards Win 2010 NBA Draft Lottery In the 2009-10 NBA season, the New Jersey Nets set many dubious records in futility imaginable. They started with 18...
- 2010-11 NBA Season | Let’s Do The John Wall Dougie Urban dictionary defines dougie as a dance move originally inspired by the 80′s rapper Doug E Fresh. He did a...
- Cleveland Cavaliers Select Kyrie Irving With First Pick in the 2011 NBA Draft At the 2011 NBA Draft held on June 23, 2011 at Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, the Cleveland Cavaliers...
- 2009 NBA Draft | LA Clippers Select Blake Griffin With First Pick It’s a no-brainer. The Los Angeles Clippers have selected Blake Griffin with the first overall pick. Griffin is a power...
- 2010 NBA Trades | The Magic-Suns-Wizards Blockbuster! Blame this to the Miami Thrice. After 26 games into the 2010-11 NBA season, the Orlando Magic finds itself losing...