UFC 116: Lesnar vs Carwin Fight Card ResultsCategory: MMA
After an assortment of injury sidelined Brock Lesnar for a year, is the current UFC Heavyweight champion still fit to defend his title?
Can Shane Carwin engineer a win over Lesnar?
With only 5 MMA fights to his credit, can Lesnar silence critics who question his credentials?
After going through 12 bouts undefeated and knocking or submitting all of his opponents out in the 1st round, will Carwin’s record remain untarnished?
Who will prevail in a matchup of two fighters known for their immense wrestling ability, knock out power and quick hands?
All of these question will be answered once the UFC 116 results are finally in.
UFC 116: Lesnar vs Carwin will be held this Saturday, July 3, 2010 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
Check out the official UFC 116 results below:
Main Cards (watch on PPV TV)
* Heavyweight Championship bout: Brock Lesnar (c) vs Shane Carwin – Lesnar defeated Carwin via submission (arm triangle choke) at 3:52 of round 2 to become the Undisputed UFC Heavyweight Champion.
* Middleweight bout: Yoshihiro Akiyama vs Chris Leben – Leben defeated Akiyama via submission (triangle choke) at 4:40 of round 3.
* Welterweight bout: Chris Lytle vs. Matt Brown – Lytle defeated Brown via submission (armbar) at 2:02 of round 2.
* Light Heavyweight bout: Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Stephan Bonnar – Bonnar defeated Soszynski via TKO (strikes) at 3:08 of round 2.
* Lightweight bout: George Sotiropoulos vs. Kurt Pellegrino – Sotiropoulos defeated Pellegrino via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28).
Spike TV Cards (watch on Spike TV)
* Heavyweight bout: Brendan Schaub vs. Chris Tuchscherer – Schaub defeated Tuchscherer via TKO (strikes) at 1:07 of round 1.
* Light Heavyweight bout: Seth Petruzelli vs. Ricardo Romero – Romero defeated Petruzelli via submission (armbar) at 3:05 of round 2.
Preliminary Cards (not to be shown on TV)
* Middleweight bout: Kendall Grove vs. Goran Reljic – Grove defeated Reljic via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28).
* Middleweight bout: Gerald Harris vs. Dave Branch – Harris defeated Branch via KO (slam) at 2:35 of round 3.
* Welterweight bout: Daniel Roberts vs. Forrest Petz – Roberts defeated Petz via split decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29).
* Heavyweight bout: Jon Madsen vs. Karlos Vemola – Madsen defeated Vemola via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).