UFC 117, Is Anderson Silva a Fighter or a Clown?Category: MMA
With his mockery of Demian Maia at UFC 112, is Anderson Silva a fighter or a clown?
Feeling embarrassed after the fight, will UFC President Dana White hold on to his threat of cutting Silva from the organization if he does it again?
Backed by his sharp tongue, is Chael Sonnen a legitimate contender to The Spider’s UFC Middleweight crown or just a trash-talking empty politician?
All of these question will be answered once the UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen results are finally in.
The event’s plot is truly intriguing.
Check out the official UFC 117 results below:
Main card (to be televised on pay-per-view)
* Middleweight Championship bout: Anderson Silva (c) vs Chael Sonnen – Silva defeated Sonnen via submission (Triangle Choke) at 3:32 of round 5 to retain the UFC Middleweight Championship. This was only one of three fights in UFC history to end in the fifth round.
* Welterweight bout: Jon Fitch vs Thiago Alves – Fitch defeated Alves via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27).
* Lightweight bout: Clay Guida vs Rafael Dos Anjos – Guida defeated dos Anjos via submission (broken jaw) at 3:51 of round 3.
* Welterweight bout: Matt Hughes vs Ricardo Almeida – Hughes defeated Almeida via Technical Submission (Guillotine Choke) at 3:15 of round 1.
* Heavyweight bout: Roy Nelson vs Junior Dos Santos dos Santos defeated Nelson via unanimous decision (30–26, 30–27, 30–27).
Preliminary Card (non-televised)
* Light Heavyweight bout: Todd Brown vs Tim Boetsch – Boetsch defeated Brown by unanimous decision (29–28, 29–28, 29–28).
* Welterweight bout: Dustin Hazelett vs Rick Story – Story defeated Hazelett via TKO (punches) at 1:15 of round 2.
* Heavyweight bout: Stefan Struve vs Christian Morecraft – Struve defeated Morecraft via TKO (punches) at 0:22 of round 2.
* Welterweight bout: Johny Hendricks vs Charlie Brenneman – Hendricks defeated Brenneman via TKO (punches) at 0:40 of round 2.
* Welterweight bout: Ben Saunders vs Dennis Hallman – Hallman defeated Saunders via unanimous decision (29–28, 30–27, 29–28).
* Light Heavyweight bout: Rodney Wallace vs Phil Davis – Davis defeated Wallace via unanimous decision (30–26, 30–27, 30–27).