WEC 50: Cruz vs Benavidez 2 ResultsCategory: MMA
Can Joseph Benavidez avenge his first career loss suffered at the hands of Dominick Cruz at WEC 42?
In an matchup that was named as “Fight of the Night” the first time they meat, will the Cruz vs Benavidez 2 be as exciting?
Will the “Dominator” retain his title against “Joe B-Wan Kenobi?”
All of these question will be answered once the WEC 50: Cruz vs Benavidez 2 results are finally in.
WEC 50 will be held this Thursday, August 18, 2010 in The Pearl at The Palms in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
Check out the official WEC 50: Cruz vs Benavidez 2 results below:
* Bantamweight Championship bout: Dominick Cruz (c) vs Joseph Benavidez - Cruz defeated Benavidez via split decision (47-48, 48-47, 49-46) to retain the WEC Bantamweight Championship belt.
* Lightweight bout: Shane Roller vs Anthony Pettis - Pettis defeated Roller via submission (triangle choke) 4:51 of round 3.
* Featherweight bout: Cub Swanson vs Chad Mendes - Mendes defeated Swanson via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28).
* Bantamweight bout: Scott Jorgensen vs Brad Pickett – Jorgensen defeated Pickett via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
* Lightweight bout: Bart Palaszewski vs Zach Micklewright – Palaszewski defeated Micklewright via TKO (strikes) at 0:31 of round 2.
* Lightweight bout: Anthony Njokuani vs Maciej Jewtuszko - Jewtuszko defeated Njokuani via TKO (punches) at 1:35 of round 1.
* Featherweight bout: Javier Vazquez vs Mackens Semerzier - Vazquez defeated Semerzier via submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:35 of round 2.
* Lightweight bout: Ricardo Lamas vs Dave Jansen – Lamas defeated Jansen via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
* Featherweight bout: Fredson Paixão vs Bryan Caraway – Paixão defeated Caraway via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28).
* Lightweight bout: Danny Castillo vs Dustin Poirier - Castillo defeated Poirier via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-27).
Watch WEC 50 LIVE stream on Justin TV or your favorite Sopcast channel this Thursday, August 18, 2010 LIVE from The Pearl at The Palms in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
If you failed to watch it, check out the WEC 50 replay highlights.
You can also check out the Dominick Cruz vs Joseph Benavidez 2 video.
Please read my related posts:
- WEC 50: Cruz vs Benavidez 2, Rematch! On August 18, 2010 at The Pearl at The Palms in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, the World Extreme Cagefighting organization will hold its 50th mixed-martial arts event with WEC 50: Cruz vs. Benavidez 2. This event marks WECs first visit...
- Countdown to WEC 50: Cruz vs Benavidez 2 At WEC 50, the most awaited rematch between Dominick “Dominator” Cruz and Joseph “Joe B-Wan Kenobi” Benavidez will happen. This will also be Cruz’ first defense of his WEC Bantamweight Championship title. The two previously met at WEC 42 in...
- WEC 47 | Cruz Captures Bantamweight Title From Bowles Brian Bowles is set to make his first title defense of his WEC Bantamweight crown in the main event for WEC 47: Bowles vs. Cruz. He will do it against Dominick Cruz at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio, USA...
- WEC 47 | Benavidez Submits Torres in 2nd Round Former WEC Bantamweight champion Miguel Torres dominated the opposition that he racked up 17 consecutive victories before finally succumbing to an upset loss at the hands of Brian Bowles at WEC 42. The road back to prominence starts on March...
- UFC 132: Cruz vs Faber 2 Results UFC 132: Cruz vs Faber 2 was held this Saturday, July 2, 2011 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. Check out the complete and official UFC 132: Cruz vs Faber 2 results below: pay per...
- WEC 53 | Dominick Cruz Dominates Scott “Young Guns” Jorgensen After having already beaten twice top contender Joseph Benavidez twice, at WEC 42 and WEC 50, WEC Bantamweight Champion Dominick “Dominator” Cruz looks unbeatable now. At the co-main event of WEC 53 on December 16, 2010, Scott “Young Guns” Jorgensen...
- WEC 49 Fight Card Results After losing his WEC lightweight title to Ben “Smooth” Henderson at WEC 46, can Jamie “Showtime” Varner make a comeback trail to reclaiming lost glory? Will the first WEC event held outside the United States pave the way for future...
- WEC 50 | Dominator vs Joe B-Wan Kenobi In the main event of WEC 50: Cruz vs Benavidez 2, the best bantamweight fighter in the world returns to make the first defense of his WEC Bantamweight title. Set to challenge Dominick Cruz is a man out for revenge,...
- WEC 53: Henderson vs Pettis, The Farewell Event WEC 53 promises to be a can’t miss event as it features two championship fights in one night. On December 16, 2010, at Jobing.com Arena in the Phoenix suburb of Glendale, Arizona, USA, WEC Lightweight Champion Ben “Smooth” Henderson and...
- WEC 51: Aldo vs Gamburyan Official Fight Card Results On September 30, 2010 and for the first time ever in Colorado, the World Extreme Cagefighting organization will hold WEC 51. This event could be the strongest fight card WEC has put on this year. It is so strong that...