WEC 50 | Dominator vs Joe B-Wan KenobiCategory: MMA
In the main event of WEC 50: Cruz vs Benavidez 2, the best bantamweight fighter in the world returns to make the first defense of his WEC Bantamweight title.
Set to challenge Dominick Cruz is a man out for revenge, Joseph Benavidez.
At WEC 42, Cruz handed Benavidez his first career loss in a matchup that was named as “Fight of the Night”.
On August 18, 2010 in The Pearl at The Palms in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, the two will finally meet in a rematch.
Dominick “Dominator” Cruz (15 wins-1 loss, 6 KOs/1 submission) became the WEC Bantamweight champion after defeating Brian Bowles via TKO at WEC 47: Bowles vs. Cruz.
Joseph “Joe B-Wan Kenobi” Benavidez (12 wins-1 loss, 3 KOs/7 submissions) is currently ranked as the #3 bantamweight in the world by Sherdog.com. His last fight was at WEC 47 where he submitted Miguel Torres in the 2nd Round.
I predict a Unanimous Decision win for Dominick Cruz here.
UPDATE: WEC 50 has wrapped up!
Check out the Dominick Cruz vs Joseph Benavidez 2 fight video below:
Cruz vs Benavidez 2 video Part 1
Cruz vs Benavidez 2 video Part 2
Please read my related posts:
- Countdown to WEC 50: Cruz vs Benavidez 2 At WEC 50, the most awaited rematch between Dominick “Dominator” Cruz and Joseph “Joe B-Wan Kenobi” Benavidez will happen. This...
- WEC 50: Cruz vs Benavidez 2, Rematch! On August 18, 2010 at The Pearl at The Palms in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, the World Extreme Cagefighting organization...
- WEC 50: Cruz vs Benavidez 2 Results Can Joseph Benavidez avenge his first career loss suffered at the hands of Dominick Cruz at WEC 42? In an...
- WEC 53 | Dominick Cruz Dominates Scott “Young Guns” Jorgensen After having already beaten twice top contender Joseph Benavidez twice, at WEC 42 and WEC 50, WEC Bantamweight Champion Dominick...
- WEC 47 | Cruz Captures Bantamweight Title From Bowles Brian Bowles is set to make his first title defense of his WEC Bantamweight crown in the main event for...