Manila Hostage Crisis Souvenir Pictures, Flash Game and Hitler’s ReactionCategory: News
Whenever there’s a big fire or a road accident or a similar incident, we Filipinos usually flock to where the commotion is.
In local lingo, we are “usisero”.
I don’t know why but it’s just in our nature to be curious of what’s happening around us.
With the hostage taking crisis yesterday at the Quirino Grandstand, many were at the scene risking their lives just to have a first-hand account of how the hostage drama will unfold before their eyes. At least one bystander was even hit by a stray bullet. This prompted a Philippine senator to file an “anti-usisero” bill.
Today, another Filipino trait came out: insensitivity.
Proof? Check out the pictures below.
These people (and police at that!) have their pictures taken with the hostage bus as the background. Probably, they’re going to post them on their facebook accounts and tag their friends with a caption that reads, “Hey, I was there!”.
If that’s not insensitive, I don’t know what is.
Another Pinoy who goes by the user name “keybol” also created and uploaded to gaming site Newgrounds a Flash game just three hours after the crisis has ended.
In the game titled “Bus Hostage by Policeman“, you get to “shoot the amok policeman hostaging a bus full of Asian hostages” in one minute.
Of course, this was met with widespread criticism as well. It should be noted that the two highest scores were established by two separate people based in Hongkong.
The Manila hostage taking incident even drew the ire of Hitler.
Please read my related posts:
- Manila Hostage Taking Reenactment Animated Video WARNING: This video is not for the weak of heart. Although it is animated, it shows a graphic depiction of...
- Pac-Man Classic Arcade Flash Game Pac-Man fever is on! There’s been a resurgence of people wanting to play Pac-Man online today. Why? Because that little...
- Pictures and Design for New Philippine Peso Bills After years of looking so gloomy and lonesome, Ninoy Aquino is finally smiling. Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) unveils today...
- 2011 NBA Finals | Hitler’s Reaction to Miami Heat’s Loss With the Miami Heat’s defeat from the Dallas Mavericks in the 2011 NBA Finals, Hitler is enraged. Apparently, Der Fuhrer...
- Iron Man Flash Games Tony Stark and his technologically advanced armor suit returns as the Marvel Comics superhero Iron Man in a new movie....