Today is 10/10/10!Category: News
I know you’re searching for the date but isn’t it frustrating that when you Google 10/10/10, it gives the answer instead for the mathematical equation (10 / 10) / 10?
The answer is 0.1 by the way. Blame that on Google’s built-in calculator function.
After all that hoopla on last year’s lucky 9/9/9, today we have 10/10/10.
So what’s special about this day by the way?
Let me make a list of facts and trivia:
1. Well for starters, it’s a once in a lifetime occurrence. Unless of course you’re a vampire and gets to live to see all 10/10/10s until 9010.
2. Today is a binary day just like January 1, 2010 was. Today is 101010 get it? It’s decimal equivalent is 42, which by the way happens to be the “Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything“.
3. The dreaded “10/10/10 computer virus” is rumored to hit this day at 10:00 AM. [Yahoo! News]
4. 10:10 is helping to coordinate 10:10:10, the biggest-ever day of positive action on climate change. Across the world, thousands of people will take simple steps to reduce their emissions, cutting carbon and sending a powerful message to world leaders that people everywhere are ready to tackle climate change. [1010global.org]
5. Everyone is invited to take part in the “One Day on Earth” project, where participants will record video of anything they like to culminate in a film documenting the human experience over a 24-hour period. [One Day on Earth]
6. iOS 4.1 jailbreak is due today at 10:10:10 AM GMT. [tuaw.com]
7. Cameras at the ready. Share your photos that documents this day. A project by Flickr.
8. There will be mass weddings today especially at 10:00 AM for people believing that this will make their “and they live happily ever after” dreams come true.
9. Fortunately, no one is claiming that the world will end today. Well, December 21, 2012 is actually just a little more than two years away.
10. And of course, today is related to everybody’s ubiquitous top ten list.
Oh wait, did I just made one?
See you on 11/11/11!If you want to receive my latest posts, please subscribe to my full feed RSS or have them delivered through email. Just enter your email address below and hit the Subscribe button.