BET Top 10 Rappers of the 21st CenturyCategory: Entertainment
BET (Black Entertainment Television) has named today the Top 10 Rappers of the 21st Century as voted by fans and narrowed by an elite “Hip Hop Supreme Court” of some of the hottest producers, hip hop deejays, and the industry’s biggest influencers.
To be eligible for the top 10 rappers of the 21st century, the rapper must be a solo artist who released his or her first solo album in 1999 or later. These requirements exclude hip-hop heavy weights The Notorious B.I.G., Tupac Shakur, Jay Z, Nas, and Snoop from the list. Rappers were also evaluated on the criteria of flow, lyricism, subject range, cultural impact, sales and digital swagger.
Here they are:
#10 – Rick Ross
Rick Ross bossed up the game in the 21st century. He is one of the few rappers to survive a 50 Cent rivalry by continuing to put out quality music.
#9 – Jadakiss
Jadakiss has always been praised for his complex rhymes and the meaning behind his words.
#8 – Young Jeezy
Young Jeezy bumps in every whip, from the North to the South. This Southern MC is respected for his hardcore delivery and thug narratives.
#7 – Drake
Aubrey “Drake” Graham has managed to win over the hearts of hip hop fans this past year. After releasing his debut album, “Thank Me Later,” Drake has shown that he is the one to watch.
#6 – Ludacris
It’s hard to talk about the 21st century without mentioning Ludacris. The Atlanta-based rapper is arguably one of the most consistent when it comes to the quality of his music.
# 5 – T.I.
ATL-native T.I. may be controversial in his actions, but when it comes to rap, this MC has got the South on lock.
# 4 – 50 Cent
In less than 10 years, 50 Cent has released four albums, three of which have gone platinum (or in some cases, multi-platinum). This controversial rapper has consistently put out hits.
# 3 – Kanye West
The highly successful rapper/producer Kanye West is more than just a rapper. But the level of his rap game has been elevated since his debut.
# 2 – Lil’ Wayne
Lil’ Wayne is a rock star. The Young Money Millionaire has shown the most growth in the 21st century.
# 1 – Eminem
Selling more records than anyone on the list, Eminem is not only praised for his commercial success, but is highly respected by his peers for his skill.
Please read my related posts:
- First Blogversary Report: Top Commenters A blog post is lifeless without comments from the readers so I’m glad that there are people who actually read my posts (even if they’re nonsensical) and shared their own footprint regarding the topic. In the first year of this...
- How I Reached the Top of the World Then Fell Down to Earth I have been blogging for almost two years now. My first motivation was really to share to others random thoughts culled from the deep recesses of my existence. But there came a point where I decided to monetize my blogs....
- Wonder Woman Undergoes Costume Makeover Appearing for the first time in All Star Comics #8 on December 1941, Wonder Woman has been the most recognizable super heroine in the DC Comics Universe. She is an Amazon whose powers include superhuman strength, flight, super-speed, super-stamina, and...
- This Site Ranks #19 In The Top 50 Philippine Blogs For 2010! The article was written 2 days ago on February 28, but I have known only about it just this day. Thanks to Internet marketing guru Jomar Hilario who posted it to my Hakuna Matata! Facebook page wall. (No, we’re not...
- First Blogversary Report: Top 100 Keywords That Brought Me Money In monetizing one’s web site, knowing SEO (search engine optimization) is a great factor whether you can make money or not. In SEO, keywords are its lifeblood. You should optimize your site in such a way that you appear in...
- The Year That Was: Google Philippines Top Search Results for 2010 Chatroulette tops the Google search results for 2010 based on Google’s micro site Zeitgeist. You might probably have read the term for the first time here as this craze have not really hit our country this past year. What made...
- Vote for Manny Pacquiao in Time Magazine’s Top 100 List Time Magazine has already released the finalists for its annual list of 100 Most Influential People in the World. For this year’s list, 202 people (sometimes pairs or groups) are included in the online voting. The Philippines’ very own Manny...
- Manny Pacquiao is 24th on AskMen.com’s Top 49 Most Influential Men List Last April, Manny Pacquiao was ranked 22nd on Time Magazine’s annual list of 100 Most Influential People in the World. On June, he was 57th on Forbes’ Celebrity 100 List and awarded as 2008 Fighter of the Year by the...
- 2011-12 NBA Season | David Letterman’s Jeremy Lin Top Ten Worst Puns With each passing game Jeremy Lin helps New York to win, slogans like those above seem to prosper – taking puns on the first Asian-American of Taiwanese or Chinese descent to play in the NBA. Even newspapers and online news...
- 2011 NCAA March Madness Bracket; Ohio State, Pittsburgh, Kansas and Duke are the Top Seeds Finally, after a grueling season for the NCAA Men’s Division I college teams, the 2011 NCAA Basketball Tournament also known as the March Madness is set to begin on March 15, 2011 and will conclude with the championship game on...