2010-11 NBA Season Tips-Off With Celtics vs Heat and Lakers Championship Ring CeremonyCategory: Basketball
The 2010-11 NBA season is finally here!
At the NBA’s opening night on October 26, 2010, the two superstars and their respective teams jump-started the new NBA season when the Heat visited the Eastern Conference champions at their turf.
The Big Shamrock was impressive in his Celtics debut contributing 9 points, 7 rebounds and 1 block despite only playing 18 minutes as a starter. He even had two explosive dunks in the first quarter.
Lebron’s performance was not shabby either as he scored 31 points but the other members of the Miami Thrice struggled with Dwyane Wade scoring 13 points (on 4 of 16 shooting) and Chris Bosh only 8 points (on 3 of 11 shooting) as the Heat fall 80-88.
Hmmm, can they really break the Chicago Bulls’ 72-10 win-loss record for the 1996-97 NBA season?
In the next game, the 2010 NBA champions LA Lakers had a pregame championship ring and banner ceremony.
Check out the 2010 Lakers championship ring.
In the game versus the returning Yao Ming and the Houston Rockets, Pau Gasol had a game-high 29 points and 11 rebounds while Kobe Bryant chipped in with 27 points and seven assists as the Lakers won a thrilling 112-110 battle.
In the final game of the most awaited opening night in NBA history, the Phoenix Suns started their campaign without Amare Stoudemire (who bolted to the New York Knicks) and fell to the Portland Trailblazers, 106-92.
Steve Nash had a game high 26 points for the Suns while Brandon Roy had 24 for the Blazers.
Check out the highlights and top 5 plays from the NBA’s Opening Night:
Follow your team’s progress with this 2010-11 NBA season schedule.
Please read my related posts:
- Presenting, the 2010 LA Lakers Championship Ring For the second straight year, the LA Lakers captured the NBA championship with a grueling seven-game NBA Finals series against...
- The 2009 LA Lakers Championship Ring NBA players surely are a pampered breed. They get million-dollar contracts, are very popular and living the high life. And...
- 2010 NBA Finals | LA Lakers vs Boston Celtics The Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics last met in 2008 when the Celtics won the series 4-2 for...
- 2010 NBA Finals Game 6 | Lakers Rout Celtics to Force Do-or-Die Game 7 With their backs against the wall, the Lakers played with a sense of urgency in blowing out the Celtics, 89-67....
- 2010-11 NBA Season | Miami Heat Big Three Post Rare 30-10 Points-Rebounds Feat With the cry-gate scandal behind them, the Miami Thrice is finally starting to live up to the hype. In a...