Presenting, the 2010 LA Lakers Championship RingCategory: Basketball
For the second straight year, the LA Lakers captured the NBA championship with a grueling seven-game NBA Finals series against the Celtics.
For their efforts, each player and important figure of the team was given a bling-bling worthy of champions, the 2010 Lakers championship ring!
Prior to the team’s first game for this season against the Houston Rockets, a pregame ceremony was held as they receive their championship rings from NBA Commissioner David Stern.
Here are facts about the ring:
The front features features 2 trophies that signify the back to back victories made from a custom batch of 16kt gold and 16 oversized round brilliant white diamonds to indicate the 16 historic Lakers’ championships.
The final score of the Lakers 83-79 game seven victory over the Boston Celtics is represented on the side of the ring in scoreboard fashion.
As everything seems to come in 3D nowadays, each player is immortalized with a 3 dimensional sculpture of their face on their respective rings. This is an upgrade over last year’s laser engraving. Check out Kobe’s ring below:
For the first time in championship ring history, Jason of Beverly Hills has decided to commemorate the Lakers historic win by adorning each and every ring with a piece of the actual ball used in game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals.
A total of 60 rings were handed out to players, coaches, and organization personnel.
Damn Adam Morrison, you’re a very lucky guy!
Check out last year’s bling-bling too: 2009 Lakers championship ring.
Please read my related posts:
- The 2009 LA Lakers Championship Ring NBA players surely are a pampered breed. They get million-dollar contracts, are very popular and living the high life. And...
- 2010-11 NBA Season Tips-Off With Celtics vs Heat and Lakers Championship Ring Ceremony The 2010-11 NBA season is finally here! It has been a strenuous offseason break (AKA The Summer of Lebron) with...
- 2010 NBA Finals Game 7 | The Lakers Reign Supreme! Considering that this is Phil Jackson’s 13th NBA Finals appearance as a coach, it’s amazing to know that this Thursday’s...
- 2010 NBA Finals | LA Lakers vs Boston Celtics The Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics last met in 2008 when the Celtics won the series 4-2 for...
- 2010 NBA Finals Game 1 | Lakers Draw First Blood Knowing that their opponent is a physical team, the Lakers one-upped the Celtics by playing more aggressively; constantly challenging every...