The Pacific Storm vs The Tijuana TornadoCategory: Boxing
One year ago, Manny Pacquiao rewrote the boxing record books when he became the first boxer in history to win seven world titles in seven weight divisions when he beat Miguel Cotto via 12th Round TKO and captured his WBO welterweight belt.
You think he is done?
This November 13, 2010, The Pacman looks to extend his record when faces Antonio Margarito for the vacant WBC Super Welterweight World Title.
He will also try to make it 2-0 at the The Cowboys Stadium (home of the National Football League’s Dallas Cowboys and the biggest domed stadium in the world) after a 12 round domination of Joshua Clottey last March.
Filipino Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao (51 wins – 3 losses – 2 draws, 37 KOs) has won titles in a record seven weight divisions from 112 to 147 pounds beating the likes of Erik Morales, Juan Manuel Marquez, Oscar De La Hoya, Marco Antonio Barrera, Ricky Hatton and Miguel Cotto and is on a 12-fight winning streak.
At age 31, he is at the peak of his career and has shown no signs of slowing down. It seems we see a different dimension of him in each fight and he just progresses with age.
Mexican Antonio “The Tijuana Tornado” Margarito (38 wins – 6 losses, 37 KOs) is returning for his second fight after being suspended for a year by the California State Athletic Commission in February 2009 after his hand wraps were found to contain a mixture for “Plaster of Paris” prior to his bout with Shane Mosley.
He is no slouch himself as he is a former IBF and WBO Welterweight champion.
My results prediction?
In Margarito, Pacquiao will be facing the biggest opponent of his career.
He towers over Pacquiao by 4 1/2 inches at 5-11 and has a huge six-inch advantage in reach. Margarito’s wingspan is 73 inches compared to Pacquiao’s 67.
As with his fight with larger opponents, Pacquio’s hand speed and footwork will make the difference in this fight. Margarito might be stronger but if he can’t hit Pacquiao, his power will be nullified.
I think Pacquiao will always dart in to deliver a jab and be quickly out of harm’s way before Margarito can even throw a punch.
Stick and jab. That will be coach Freddie Roach’s game plan.
If Pacquiao sticks to this plan, then Margarito is in for a frustrating night. He has no chance of winning. Unless of course he catches Pacquiao with a haymaker.
I predict a TKO win for Pacquiao in Round 10.
UPDATE: Pacquiao vs Margarito has wrapped up!
Check out the results to know who won the battle between The Pacific Storm and The Tijuana Tornado.
Watch the Manny Pacquiao vs Antonio Margarito fight video at the link below:
Please read my related posts:
- Pacquiao vs Margarito, The Mexicutioner Targets The Tijuana Tornado Marco Antonio Barrera, Erik Morales, Juan Manuel Marquez, Oscar Larios, Jorge Solis and Hector Velazquez. They are among the best...
- Manny Pacquiao Calms Down The Tijuana Tornado! Antonio Margarito stepped into the Cowboys Stadium boxing arena looking like the Goliath that he is being taller by more...
- Pacquiao vs Margarito, Tijuana’s Tornado Returns On November 13, 2010, disgraced boxer Antonio Margarito returns to the ring after a one-year suspension due to a hand-wrap...
- Pacquiao vs Margarito REPLAY Manny Pacquiao took on Antonio Margarito in one of the most anticipated boxing events of the year. It was scheduled...
- HBO Presents Pacquiao-Margarito 24/7 Series After last April’s Mayweather-Mosley 24/7 series, HBO’s Emmy award winning documentary reality series is back for its ninth installment with...