Pacquiao vs Margarito Frequently Asked QuestionsCategory: Boxing
The blockbuster boxing event of the year is just one day away!
Here’s what a typical fan needs to know regarding the HBO Boxing: Pacquiao vs Margarito bout. A FAQ sheet of sorts.
Here we go.
Who are the main gladiators at this event?
Facing off will be Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao from the Philippines and Antonio “The Tijuana Tornado” Margarito from Mexico.
Is this a title fight? In what division will they be fighting?
Yes. Up for grabs is the vacant WBC Super Welterweight World Title vacated by Sergio Gabriel Martínez.
The Super Welterweight division (also known as Light Middleweight) is a weight division above 147 pounds and up to 154 pounds (66.7-69.9 kg). Pacquiao and Margarito will be fighting at a catchweight of 150 lbs.
If Pacquiao wins, he becomes the first man to win eight world titles in eight divisions.
What is the title of this event?
Curiously, there is none. Pacquiao vs Cotto was titled “Firepower” while Pacquiao vs Clottey was “The Event”.
When and where will it be held?
On November 13, 2010 at the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, USA.
What time does the Pacquiao vs Margarito fight start?
It’s at 9:00 PM ET / 6:00 PM PT. Although some PPV operators will air it at 8:30 PM due to their fight previews.
Who are the other boxers fighting in the undercard?
Check out the Pacquiao vs Margarito fight card.
Where can I watch it on pay-per-view (PPV)?
Here listed are the pay-per-view providers and operators.
I don’t have the cash, can I watch it for free?
The most reliable option is through Sopcast. Check out the sopcast channels where it will be shown.
Will “The Mexicutioner” add Margarito to the long list of Mexicans he has defeated throughout his Hall of Fame career?
I don’t really know. We will know the results for sure after the fight.
Can you post the fight video?
Yes, right after the event.
Can you post the replay?
Hopefully so as well as the fight highlights.
I want to relieve the Pacquiao-Margarito HBO 24/7 series, where can I watch it?
You can watch all the episodes here: Pacquiao-Margarito HBO 24/7.
See you on fight night!
Please read my related posts:
- Pacquiao vs Margarito REPLAY Manny Pacquiao took on Antonio Margarito in one of the most anticipated boxing events of the year. It was scheduled for November 13, 2010 at the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, USA. If you missed the Pacquiao vs Margarito LIVE...
- Pacquiao vs Margarito, The Mexicutioner Targets The Tijuana Tornado Marco Antonio Barrera, Erik Morales, Juan Manuel Marquez, Oscar Larios, Jorge Solis and Hector Velazquez. They are among the best Mexican boxers in history. Their common denominator? They were defeated inside the ring by Manny Pacquiao, also known as “The...
- HBO Presents Pacquiao-Margarito 24/7 Series After last April’s Mayweather-Mosley 24/7 series, HBO’s Emmy award winning documentary reality series is back for its ninth installment with a four-episode, all-access series featuring Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao and Antonio “Tijuana’s Tornado” Margarito. As part of the promotion for the...
- Pacquiao vs Margarito, Tijuana’s Tornado Returns On November 13, 2010, disgraced boxer Antonio Margarito returns to the ring after a one-year suspension due to a hand-wrap controversy. He will be facing the current #1 pound for pound boxer of the world in Manny Pacquiao. The two...
- Pacquiao vs Margarito, David Against Goliath Aside from towering over Manny Pacquiao with a 4 1/2 inches height advantage with Antonio Margarito standing at 5’11″ to the Filipino slugger’s 5’6″ 1/2, another huge disparity was shown at Saturday’s weigh-in. There was a gasp at the crowd...
- Pacquiao vs Margarito, Pacman Eyes Eight World Title Current pound for pound king Manny Pacquiao made history against Miguel Cotto in December 2009 when he captured Cotto’s WBO Welterweight and in the process became the first man ever to win seven world titles in as many division. On...
- Pacquiao-Margarito HBO 24/7 Episode 2 With a smirk, Manny Pacquiao downplayed Floyd Mayweather’s achievements inside the ring compared to his. That I think is the most poignant scene in the premier episode of HBO’s Pacquiao-Margarito 24/7 special. Pacquiao also mocked Margarito’s claim of innocence regarding...
- Pacquiao-Margarito HBO 24/7 Episode 4 (Finale) Episode 3 of HBO’s Pacquiao-Margarito 24/7 shows Manny Pacquiao more serious and focused in his training and sparring sessions although distractions still come his way. Pacquiao’s popularity has already transcended boxing that he is now invited to events not related...
- Pacquiao-Margarito HBO 24/7 Episode 1 (Premiere) The premiere episode of HBO’s Emmy award winning documentary reality series 24/7 featuring Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao and Antonio “Tijuana’s Tornado” Margarito opens up this Saturday, October 23, 2010. As what happened with the previous eight 24/7 installations, we’ll expect to...
- HBO Boxing Presents: Pacquiao vs Margarito On November 13, 2010 at the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, USA, HBO Boxing presents the best pound for pound boxer in the planet today and possibly of all time in Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao. Pacquiao, winner of a record seven...