Manny Pacquiao Beats Antonio Margarito’s Face to a Pulp!Category: Boxing
Antonio Margarito should be renamed “The Mexican Zombie”.
He was like a slumbering, mindless zombie who desperately wants to knock down Manny Pacquiao during their bout last November 13, 2010 at the Cowboys Stadium in Texas.
Even when he was repeatedly tagged with hard shots to his head by Manny Pacquiao, he just kept on pressing forward with no regard for his safety.
By the end of the fifth round, Margarito’s eye was bleeding and by the end of the tenth, he had a huge cut under his right eye.
His face was a total mess at the end of the fight which reminded me of Miguel Cotto’s face when they met a year ago, November 14, 2010 at Las Vegas.
The Compubox stats were telling.
Pacquiao landed 474 of 1,069 punches for a ridiculous 44 percent connect percentage. That total was #8 all time in title fights in CompuBox’s 25 yr. history
Of those blows, he landed 411 of 713 power shots for a 58 percent connect percentage. That’s an average of 34 landed per round which is 21 more than the weight class average. Pacquiao landed 43 of 62 power shots (69%) in round four; 40 of 60 (67%) in round five; 57 of 89 (64%) in the tenth and 51 of 75 (68%) in eleven before pulling off the gas pedal in round twelve.
Pacquiao said in an after fight interview that “he was looking for a chance to stop the fight but Margarito never gave up.”
In the 11th round Pacquiao said he asked the referee to stop the fight because of the way Margarito was looking.
“Boxing is not for killing, this is entertainment.”
Margarito said he kept on fighting because, “I am a Mexican and there is no way I am going to quit, I fight to the end.”
Yes, like a Mexican zombie that is.
Please read my related posts:
- Manny Pacquiao Calms Down The Tijuana Tornado! Antonio Margarito stepped into the Cowboys Stadium boxing arena looking like the Goliath that he is being taller by more...
- New Nike “Boom” Ad Features Manny Pacquiao Shoe giant Nike has a new series of advertisements titled “Boom”. The “boom” catchphrase is supposed to signify that one...
- Pacquiao vs Margarito, The Mexicutioner Targets The Tijuana Tornado Marco Antonio Barrera, Erik Morales, Juan Manuel Marquez, Oscar Larios, Jorge Solis and Hector Velazquez. They are among the best...
- Andre Berto Defends Welterweight Crown, To Face Manny Pacquiao Next? WBC welterweight champion Andre “The Beast” Berto was supposed to defend his belt against WBA Welterweight Super Champion “Sugar” Shane...
- Manny Pacquiao and Will Ferrell Sing “Imagine” at Jimmy Kimmel Live! Manny Pacquiao made his third appearance on the American primetime television talk show, Jimmy Kimmel Live! on ABC last November...