Pictures and Design for New Philippine Peso BillsCategory: News
After years of looking so gloomy and lonesome, Ninoy Aquino is finally smiling.
Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) unveils today the new design for the Philippine P500 peso bill that features the late Senator being joined by his wife, the late President Cory Aquino who passed away last year.
A third Aquino is in the bill as well with current Philippine President Noynoy Aquino‘s signature prominently displayed.
Here are the pictures and designs of the new P500 peso bill along with other five denominations: P20, P50, P100, P200 and P1000.
front: former President Manuel L. Quezon, Malacañang Palace and Filipino as the National Language in 1935
back: the UNESCO World Heritage site Banaue Rice Terraces and the Palm Civet (Alamid) from the Cordilleras
front: former President Sergio Osmeña, the Leyte landing, and First National Assembly in 1907
back: Taal Lake and the rare Maliputo milky fish (Giant Trevally)
front: former President Manuel Roxas, Central Bank, and the inauguration of the Third Republic last July 4, 1946
back: Mayon Volcano and the Butanding (Whale Shark) of Donsol, Sorsogon
front: former President Diosdado Macapagal, former President Gloria Arroyo’s oath-taking after People Power II in January 2001, Barasoain Church and the Independence House
back: Chocolate Hills and Philippine Tarsier of Bohol
front: former Senator Benigno “Ninoy” Aquino and his wife, former President Corazon “Cory” Aquino, the first EDSA People Power in February 1986 and the Benigno S. Aquino monument
back: the UNESCO World Heritage Site Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park at Palawan and the blue-naped parrot that can be found at Mindoro and Palawan
front: Josefa Llanes Escoda (one of the founders of the Girl Scouts of the Philippines), Vicente Lim (first Filipino graduate of West Point) and former Chief Justice Jose Abad Santos, Centennial of Philippine Independence in 1998 and the Medal of Honor
back: the UNESCO World Heritage Site Tubbataha Reef Marine Park and the South Sea Pearl produced by oysters in the Sulu Sea
Check out this report from GMA’s 24 Oras:
The new Philippines peso bills features stricter security measures in the serial numbers, security fibers, threads, see-through mark, embossed prints and the like.
The see-through mark is the word “Pilipino” written in Baybayin (or Alibata). It can be seen when the note is viewed against the light.
The new money will start to circulate tomorrow. The old currency bills can still be used for the next 3 years.
Please read my related posts:
- The 2010 Philippine Election It’s time to vote! Today, May 10, 2010 is the general election in the Philippines where registered Filipino voters go to polling precincts to cast their votes for their national (Presidential, senatorial and congressional) and local (gubernatorial and mayoral) candidates....
- Today’s Google Doodle: Philippine Independence Day Google joins Filipinos all over the world in the 112th Anniversary of Philippine Independence with a special doodle on its homepage today. The Philippine Declaration of Independence occurred on June 12, 1898 in Cavite II el Viejo (now Kawit), Cavite,...
- Manila Hostage Crisis Souvenir Pictures, Flash Game and Hitler’s Reaction Whenever there’s a big fire or a road accident or a similar incident, we Filipinos usually flock to where the commotion is. In local lingo, we are “usisero”. I don’t know why but it’s just in our nature to be...
- Violence, Long Lines, Voting Machine Glitches Did Not Prevent Pinoys From Casting Their Votes The 2010 Philippine Election was marred by violence long before it even started when 57 people were killed (mostly media men) in Maguindanao Province, Mindanao last November 23, 2009. On May 10, 2010 (election day), 27 casualties and 40 injuries...
- Amusing Quotes from the 2010 Presidential Candidates The Philippine presidential elections on May 10, 2010 is just 5 days away. Have you decided already on whom to cast your precious vote for? If not yet, perhaps these quotes from the 2010 Presidential candidates will help you make...
- This Site Ranks #19 In The Top 50 Philippine Blogs For 2010! The article was written 2 days ago on February 28, but I have known only about it just this day. Thanks to Internet marketing guru Jomar Hilario who posted it to my Hakuna Matata! Facebook page wall. (No, we’re not...
- Arianny Celeste’s Playboy Pictures NSFW Exactly a year ago, Marge Simpson graced Playboy’s cover for it November 2009 issue. That one attracted all sorts of attention. After all, it’s not everyday that a cartoon character with towering blue hair, big bulging eyes and yellow skin...
- 2009 NBA Finals | Philippine TV Schedule Filipino NBA fanatics, search no more. Here’s the NBA Finals schedule of games to be played between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Orlando Magic in Philippines’ time frame. I have also indicated what TV channel to tune in to...
- Marge Simpson’s Playboy Pictures NSFW Marge Simpson is the Playboy cover girl for its November 2009 issue. In doing so, she became the first cartoon character to earn that credit in the publication’s history. This is apparently an attempt to attract 20-something readers to a...
- President Noynoy Aquino’s First SONA, Video and Transcript Today, July 26, 2010 at the Session Hall of the House of Representatives at the Batasan Pambansa Complex in Quezon City, Benigno Simeon Cojuangco Aquino III delivered his first ever State of the Nation Address (SONA). Son of the late...