UFC 125: ResolutionCategory: MMA
The Ultimate Fighting Championship welcomes 2011 with a pay-per-view event right on the first day of the new year.
On January 1, 2011 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, UFC 125: Resolution happens.
The main event features Frankie Edgar defending his UFC Lightweight Championship title against number one contender Gray Maynard in a rematch.
UPDATE: Here’s the official UFC 125 results:
Main card (LIVE on pay-per-view)
* Lightweight Championship bout: Frankie Edgar (c) vs Gray Maynard - Edgar and Maynard fought to a split draw (48-46, 46-48, 47-47).
* Middleweight bout: Chris Leben vs Brian Stann - Stann defeated Leben via TKO (strikes) 3:37 of round 1.
* Welterweight bout: Dong Hyun Kim vs Nate Diaz – Kim defeated Diaz via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
* Lightweight bout: Takanori Gomi vs Clay Guida – Guida defeated Gomi via submission (Guillotine choke) at 4:27 of round 2.
* Light Heavyweight bout: Thiago Silva vs Brandon Vera - Silva defeated Vera via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27).
Preliminary card (watch FREE lon TV/ESPN UK/Rogers Sportsnet)
* Lightweight bout: Marcus Davis vs. Jeremy Stephens - Stephens defeated Davis via KO (punch) at 2:33 of round 3.
* Featherweight bout: Josh Grispi vs. Dustin Poirier - Poirier defeated Grispi via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
* Middleweight bout: Phil Baroni vs. Brad Tavares – Tavares defeated Baroni via KO (punches) at 4:20 of round 1.
Preliminary card (not to be televised)
* Featherweight bout: Mike Brown vs. Diego Nunes - Nunes defeated Brown via split decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29).
* Welterweight bout: Daniel Roberts vs. Greg Soto – Roberts defeated Soto via submission (kimura) at 3:45 of round 1.
* Lightweight bout: Jacob Volkmann vs. Antonio McKee - Volkmann defeated McKee via split decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29).
If you failed to watch UFC 125 LIVE, or want to relive the event, here’s the UFC 125 replay.
You can also check out the following UFC 125 video:If you want to receive my latest posts, please subscribe to my full feed RSS or have them delivered through email. Just enter your email address below and hit the Subscribe button.