UFC 125: ResolutionCategory: MMA
The Ultimate Fighting Championship welcomes 2011 with a pay-per-view event right on the first day of the new year.
On January 1, 2011 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, UFC 125: Resolution happens.
The main event features Frankie Edgar defending his UFC Lightweight Championship title against number one contender Gray Maynard in a rematch.
UPDATE: Here’s the official UFC 125 results:
Main card (LIVE on pay-per-view)
* Lightweight Championship bout: Frankie Edgar (c) vs Gray Maynard - Edgar and Maynard fought to a split draw (48-46, 46-48, 47-47).
* Middleweight bout: Chris Leben vs Brian Stann - Stann defeated Leben via TKO (strikes) 3:37 of round 1.
* Welterweight bout: Dong Hyun Kim vs Nate Diaz – Kim defeated Diaz via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
* Lightweight bout: Takanori Gomi vs Clay Guida – Guida defeated Gomi via submission (Guillotine choke) at 4:27 of round 2.
* Light Heavyweight bout: Thiago Silva vs Brandon Vera - Silva defeated Vera via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27).
Preliminary card (watch FREE lon TV/ESPN UK/Rogers Sportsnet)
* Lightweight bout: Marcus Davis vs. Jeremy Stephens - Stephens defeated Davis via KO (punch) at 2:33 of round 3.
* Featherweight bout: Josh Grispi vs. Dustin Poirier - Poirier defeated Grispi via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
* Middleweight bout: Phil Baroni vs. Brad Tavares – Tavares defeated Baroni via KO (punches) at 4:20 of round 1.
Preliminary card (not to be televised)
* Featherweight bout: Mike Brown vs. Diego Nunes - Nunes defeated Brown via split decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29).
* Welterweight bout: Daniel Roberts vs. Greg Soto – Roberts defeated Soto via submission (kimura) at 3:45 of round 1.
* Lightweight bout: Jacob Volkmann vs. Antonio McKee - Volkmann defeated McKee via split decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29).
If you failed to watch UFC 125 LIVE, or want to relive the event, here’s the UFC 125 replay.
You can also check out the following UFC 125 video: