2010 NBA Trades | The Magic-Suns-Wizards Blockbuster!Category: Basketball
Blame this to the Miami Thrice.
After 26 games into the 2010-11 NBA season, the Orlando Magic finds itself losing its grip on the Southeast Division first place with a dysfunctional squad while the Heat is streaking to 12 consecutive wins after a dysfunctional start to the season.
A change is imminent.
So in a blockbuster trade with two other teams, the Orlando Magic sent four of of its top six players in a major-major team roster revamp.
Orlando dealt forward Rashard Lewis in a straight-up trade with the Washington Wizards for guard Gilbert Arenas. Arenas become indispensable in Washington after a gun drawing incident with team mate Javaris Crittenton and the drafting of John Wall as the #1 pick in the 2010 NBA Draft.
It also acquired guard Jason Richardson, forwards Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark from the Phoenix Suns in exchange for guard Vince Carter, forward Mickael Pietrus and center Marcin Gortat as well as its 2011 first-round pick plus $3 million in cash.
It should be noted that Turkoglu was a former Magic who was instrumental in the team’s 2009 NBA Finals series with the eventual champion LA Lakers but was signed as a free-agent by the Toronto Raptors before the start of the 2009-10 season.
Check out details of the trade from ESPN’s NBA Insider report:
The Orlando Magic’s possible new starting five would be:
Dwight Howard – center
Hedo Turkoglu – power forward
Jason Richardson – small forward
Gilbert Arenas – shooting guard
Jameer Nelson – point guard
Key reserves include J.J. Redick, Chris Duhon and Quentin Richardson.
Enough to contend for the title? That remains to be seen.
Please read my related posts:
- 2010 NBA Draft | Washington Wizards Select John Wall With First Pick With just a 10.3% chance of winning the 2010 NBA Draft Lottery last May 18, 2010 in Secaucus, New Jersey,...
- Washington Wizards Win 2010 NBA Draft Lottery In the 2009-10 NBA season, the New Jersey Nets set many dubious records in futility imaginable. They started with 18...
- NBA Trades 2011 | Celtics Traded Kendrick Perkins for Jeff Green If it ain’t broke, why fix it? Well, Boston Celtics general manager Danny Ainge must know something that we don’t....
- NBA Trades 2010 | Tracy Mcgrady to New York Knicks At the NBA trade deadline, the New York Knicks, the Houston Rockets and the Sacramento Kings pulled off the biggest...
- NBA Trades 2011 | Deron Williams to New Jersey Nets The NBA landscape is fast reshaping. After yesterday’s trade with the Denver Nuggets sending their All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony to...