UFC 126: Silva vs Belfort ResultsCategory: MMA
After being exposed by Chael Sonnen at UFC 117, can Anderson Silva regain his aura of invincibility?
Will former Light Heavyweight Champion Vitor Belfort regain prominence in the UFC?
In a battle between former UFC champions Forrest Griffin and Rich Franklin, who can move one step up into challenging again for a UFC title belt?
Can Jon Jones continue on his rapid ascent to the UFC ladder?
How will former WEC stalwarts Miguel Torres and Donald Cerrone fare on their UFC debuts?
All of these question will be answered once the UFC 126: Silva vs Belfort results are finally in.
UFC 126: Silva vs Belfort will be held this Saturday, February 5, 2011 LIVE from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
UPDATE February 5, 2011: UFC 126 has wrapped up!
Check out the complete UFC 126 results below:
Main card (LIVE on pay-per-view)
* UFC Middleweight Championship bout: Anderson Silva (c) vs. Vitor Belfort – Silva defeated Belfort via KO (front kick) at 4:25 of round 1 to retain the UFC Middleweight Championship.
* Light Heavyweight bout: Forrest Griffin vs. Rich Franklin – Griffin defeated Franklin via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
* Welterweight bout: Jake Ellenberger vs. Carlos Eduardo Rocha – Ellenberger defeated Rocha via split decision (27-30, 29-28, 29-28).
* Light Heavyweight bout: Jon Jones vs. Ryan Bader – Jones defeated Bader via submission (Guillotine choke) at 4:20 of round 2.
* Bantamweight bout: Miguel Torres vs. Antonio Banuelos – Torres defeated Banuelos via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
Preliminary card (watch FREE on Spike TV)
* Lightweight bout: Donald Cerrone vs. Paul Kelly – Cerrone defeated Kelly via technical submission (rear naked choke) at 3:48 of round 2.
* Featherweight bout: Chad Mendes vs. Michihiro Omigawa – Mendes defeated Omigawa via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
Preliminary card (watch FREE on facebook.com/ufc)
* Bantamweight bout: Norifumi Yamamoto vs. Demetrious Johnson – Johnson defeated Yamamoto via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27).
Preliminary card (not to be televised)
* Lightweight bout: Paul Taylor vs. Gabe Ruediger – Taylor defeated Ruediger via KO (strikes) at 1:42 of round 2.
* Light Heavyweight bout: Kyle Kingsbury vs. Ricardo Romero – Kingsbury defeated Romero via TKO (strikes) at 0:21 of round 1.
* Welterweight bout: Mike Pierce vs. Kenny Robertson – Pierce defeated Robertson via TKO (punches) at 0:29 of round 2.
If you want to relive the event, watch the UFC 126 replay.
You can also watch the following UFC 126 videos:If you want to receive my latest posts, please subscribe to my full feed RSS or have them delivered through email. Just enter your email address below and hit the Subscribe button.