2011 NBA Playoff Bracket: 1st RoundCategory: Basketball
After two consecutive seasons in which the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Los Angeles Lakers claimed the #1 seeds for the Eastern Conference and Western Conference respectively, there will be a different NBA playoff bracket scenario this time.
This is why the 2011 NBA Playoffs is one of the most exciting and anticipated in recent memory as a new powerhouse in the East has emerged, the Chicago Bulls. The Miami Heat with its three-headed monster are not to be taken lightly as well.
In the West, an old sleeping giant has waken up from its deep slumber ready to retake its crown, the San Antonio Spurs.
There are also new faces absent from last year: the Indiana Pacers, the Memphis Grizzlies, the New York Knicks, the Philadelphia 76ers and the New Orleans Hornets.
These teams will have to go through four rounds: the first round, the conference semifinals, the conference finals and the finally the NBA Finals.
Here’s the first round bracket and schedule of games:
No. 1 Chicago Bulls vs No. 8 Indiana Pacers – Chicago wins series, 4–1
Game 1 - Sat April 16, Indiana Pacers 99, Chicago Bulls 104
Game 2 - Mon April 18, Indiana Pacers 90, Chicago Bulls 96
Game 3 - Thu April 21, Chicago Bulls 88, Indiana Pacers 84
Game 4 - Sat April 23, Chicago Bulls 84, Indiana Pacers 89
Game 5 * Tue April 26, Indiana Pacers 89, Chicago Bulls 116
No. 2 Miami Heat vs No. 7 Philadelphia 76ers - Miami wins series, 4–1
Game 1 - Sat April 16, Philadelphia 76ers 89, Miami Heat 97
Game 2 - Mon April 18, Philadelphia 76ers 73, Miami Heat 94
Game 3 - Thu April 21, Miami Heat 100, Philadelphia 76ers 94
Game 4 - Sun April 24, Miami Heat 82, Philadelphia 76ers 86
Game 5 * Wed April 27, Philadelphia 76ers 91, Miami Heat 97
No. 3 Boston Celtics vs No. 6 New York Knicks – Boston wins series, 4–0
Game 1 - Sun April 17, New York Knicks 85, Boston Celtics 87
Game 2 - Tue April 19, New York Knicks 93, Boston Celtics 96
Game 3 - Fri April 22, Boston Celtics 113, New York Knicks 96
Game 4 - Sun April 24, Boston Celtics 101, New York Knicks 89
No. 4 Orlando Magic vs No. 5 Atlanta Hawks - Atlanta wins series, 4–2
Game 1 - Sat April 16, Atlanta Hawks 103, Orlando Magic 93
Game 2 - Tue April 19, Atlanta Hawks 82, Orlando Magic 88
Game 3 - Fri April 22, Orlando Magic 84, Atlanta Hawks 88
Game 4 - Sun April 24, Orlando Magic 85, Atlanta Hawks 88
Game 5 * Tue April 26, Atlanta Hawks 76, Orlando Magic 101
Game 6 * Thu April 28, Orlando Magic 81, Atlanta Hawks 84
No. 1 San Antonio Spurs vs No. 8 Memphis Grizzlies – Memphis wins series, 4–2
Game 1 - Sun April 17, Memphis Grizzlies 101, San Antonio Spurs 98
Game 2 - Wed April 20, Memphis Grizzlies 87, San Antonio Spurs 93
Game 3 - Sat April 23, San Antonio Spurs 88, Memphis Grizzlies 91
Game 4 - Mon April 25, San Antonio Spurs 86, Memphis Grizzlies 104
Game 5 * Wed April 27, Memphis Grizzlies 103, San Antonio Spurs 110
Game 6 * Fri April 29, San Antonio Spurs 91, Memphis Grizzlies 99
No. 2 Los Angeles Lakers vs No. 7 New Orleans Hornets – Los Angeles wins series, 4–2
Game 1 - Sun April 17, New Orleans Hornets 109, Los Angeles Lakers 100
Game 2 - Wed April 20, New Orleans Hornets 78, Los Angeles Lakers 87
Game 3 - Fri April 22, Los Angeles Lakers 100, New Orleans Hornets 86
Game 4 - Sun April 24, Los Angeles Lakers 88, New Orleans Hornets 93
Game 5 * Tue April 26, New Orleans Hornets 90, Los Angeles Lakers 106
Game 6 * Thu April 28, Los Angeles Lakers 98, New Orleans Hornets 80
No. 3 Dallas Mavericks vs No. 6 Portland Trailblazers - Dallas wins series, 4–2
Game 1 - Sat April 16, Portland Trail Blazers 81, Dallas Mavericks 89
Game 2 - Tue April 19, Portland Trail Blazers 89, Dallas Mavericks 101
Game 3 - Thu April 21, Dallas Mavericks 92, Portland Trail Blazers 97
Game 4 - Sat April 23, Dallas Mavericks 82, Portland Trail Blazers 84
Game 5 * Mon April 25, Portland Trail Blazers 82, Dallas Mavericks 93
Game 6 * Thu April 28, Dallas Mavericks 103, Portland Trail Blazers 96
No. 4 Oklahoma City Thunder vs No. 5 Denver Nuggets – Oklahoma City wins series, 4–1
Game 1 - Sun April 17, Denver Nuggets 103, Oklahoma City Thunder 107
Game 2 - Wed April 20, Denver Nuggets 89, Oklahoma City Thunder 106
Game 3 - Sat April 23, Oklahoma City Thunder 97, Denver Nuggets 94
Game 4 - Mon April 25, Oklahoma City Thunder 101, Denver Nuggets 104
Game 5 * Wed April 27, Denver Nuggets 97, Oklahoma City Thunder 100
*- denotes if necessary
TBD – To Be Determined
R – ESPN Radio
ESPN3D – ESPN 3D
Check out the complete 2011 NBA Playoff schedule as well.
Who among these teams is your bet to wear the ultimate bling-bling, an NBA championship ring?
Please read my related posts:
- 2011 NBA Playoff Bracket UPDATE: NBA Finals The Boston Celtics again defied all critics by becoming the only team thus far to sweep their First Round opponent when they defeated the New York Knicks today, 101-89. Thus, becoming the first team to move on to the next...
- 2011 NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs Dallas Mavericks Scores and Results The 2011 NBA Playoffs is underway. Sixteen teams will battle it out in their respective series for the ultimate prize, the NBA championship. Herein posted are the scores of all the games from all brackets starting at the First Round...
- 2010 NBA Playoffs Bracket: 1st Round The 2009-10 NBA season has been full of excitement and drama. For the NBA’s 30 teams, they played 82 games with one ultimate goal in mind: to capture the NBA Finals championship crown. But first, they have to hurdle one...
- 2011 NBA Playoff Schedule Known as the Second Season, the NBA Playoffs is scheduled to begin on Saturday, April 16, 2011. This will be one of the most anticipated postseasons in NBA history as after a grueling 82 games undertaken by the NBA’s 30...
- 2011 NBA Playoffs Conference Semifinals Round | Oklahoma City Thunder vs Memphis Grizzlies Do-or-Die Game 7 The Oklahoma City Thunder is expected to be a top contender in the Western Conference. Not so for the Memphis Grizzlies. In fact, not one soul expected them to reach this far. Barging into the 2011 NBA Playoffs as the...
- 2010 NBA Playoffs Bracket: Conference Finals Round Even with one eye, Steve Nash and his Phoenix Suns becomes the first team today to move on to the next round of the current 2010 NBA Playoffs competition after a 4-0 sweep of their nemesis the San Antonio Spurs....
- 2011 NBA Playoffs | The Miami Heat Advance to the NBA Finals! Much like what happened with the OKC Thunder in the Western Conference Finals series, the Chicago Bulls were just too young and too inexperienced to understand how to close out a game. Down 12 points with about 3 minutes to...
- 2011 NBA Playoffs | Mavericks vs Thunder Game 1, Dirk Nowitzki Sets NBA Playoff Record for Consecutive Free-Throws Made Dirk Nowitzki was perfect on 24 free throws, setting an NBA postseason record for most foul shots made without a miss as he scored 48 points, leading the Dallas Mavericks to a 121-112 victory in Game 1 of the Western...
- 2011 NBA Playoffs Conference Finals Round | Dallas Mavericks vs Oklahoma City Thunder These two teams were coming off Eastern Conference Semifinals series wins albeit in opposite ends of the spectrum. The Dallas Mavericks dealt the LA Lakers an embarrassing 4-0 sweep. The Oklahoma City Thunder got the grueling seven-game series against the...
- 2010 NBA Playoffs Bracket: Conference Semifinals Round After defeating the Charlotte Bobcats 99-90 in Game 4 of their First Round matchup today, the Orlando Magic is the first team to move on to the next round of the current 2010 NBA Playoffs competition. Hence, the Conference Semifinals...
Tags: 2011 NBA playoffs