Manny Pacquiao vs Shane Mosley Fight VideoCategory: Boxing
Last November 13, 2010, Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao rewrote the boxing record books one more time when he won the vacant WBC Super Welterweight World Title after beating Antonio Margarito’s face to a pulp for 12 rounds.
With the win, the current #1 pound for pound boxer in the world extended his mind-boggling record of eight world titles in eight weight divisions.
While Pacquiao has nothing left to prove, fans clamor for a superfight between him and the former #1 on the mythical pound for pound list, the undefeated Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
However, the guy seems to duck the man; choosing instead to engage Pacquiao in a homophopic and racist tirade – then seemingly wanting prison over a boxing ring just to keep his sterling boxing record clean.
So, instead of a superfight, fans are instead forced to see Manny Pacquiao face an aging has-been.
This May 7, 2011, Pacquiao returns to Las Vegas after last year’s two-fight stopover at Arlington to face “Sugar” Shane Mosley.
Filipino Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao (52 wins – 3 losses – 2 draws, 38 KOs) has won titles in a record eight weight divisions from 112 to 154 pounds beating the likes of Erik Morales, Juan Manuel Marquez, Oscar De La Hoya, Marco Antonio Barrera, Ricky Hatton, Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito is on a 13-fight winning streak.
At age 32, he is at the peak of his career and has shown no signs of slowing down. It seems we see a different dimension of him in each fight and he just progresses with age.
American “Sugar” Shane Mosley (46 wins – 6 losses, 39 KOs) has won world titles in three weight divisions – Lightweight, Welterweight and Light Middleweight.
My results prediction?
Shane Mosley is already 39 years old. That said, he is years away from his prime when he dominated the likes of Oscar De La Hoya, Fernando Vargas, Ricardo Mayorga and Antonio Margarito.
While there are many boxers past their prime that shocked the world by winning over younger fighters, I don’t see this happening with Mosley. His last fight with Sergio Mora was such a dud that judges declared it a draw because no one deserves to win such boring fight.
Pacquiao is simply too skilled, too intelligent and too fast for him. Pacquiao has proven that size don’t matter to him – he will just pepper you with thousands of punches until you simply can’t take it anymore.
The only question now is can Manny give Shane his ever career knockout loss? In fairness to Mosley, he possesses a granite chin. That will work to his advantage because he will survive the Pacman onslaught.
Manny Pacquiao will coast to a one-sided Unanimous Decision after 12 rounds.
UPDATE May 7, 2011: Pacquiao vs Mosley has wrapped up!
I’m right after all as Pacquiao defeated Mosley via unanimous decision (119-108, 120-108, 120-107).
Mosley survived a knockdown in the 3rd Round and was on defensive mode the rest of the way.
Check out the Manny Pacquiao vs Shane Mosley fight video below:
Please read my related posts:
- Shane Mosley Announces Fight With Manny Pacquiao on Twitter It’s official, Manny Pacquiao’s opponent for his next fight would be Shane Mosley. Sugar Shane himself announced the news on...
- Manny Pacquiao vs Shane Mosley LIVE! Number one pound for pound the best boxer boxer in the world Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao extended his record to eight...
- Manny Pacquiao vs Shane Mosley en Vivo! On May 7, 2011, former world champion Shane Mosley takes on the best boxer on the world Manny Pacquiao in...
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao Wins Against Shane Mosley! In the third round of their match at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas last May 7, Manny Pacquiao knocked...
- Manny Pacquiao vs Shane Mosley Official Fight Card Showtime Boxing / CBS Sports presents one of the biggest fighting events of the year with Manny Pacquiao vs Shane...