2011 NBA Finals | Miami Heat vs Dallas MavericksCategory: Basketball
The Miami Heat and the Dallas Mavericks last met in 2006 when the Mavericks won the first two games at home before losing the next four and eventually, giving up the championship title to the Heat for its first ever.
After dispatching their Conference Finals opponents both in 5 games: the Heat against the Bulls while the Mavericks against the Thunder, these two teams are destined for a rematch of their 2006 NBA Finals showdown.
A lot has changed since then.
Miami now owns the home court advantage.
Roster changes were big at both sides.
Two-time NBA MVP Lebron James decided to bring his talents to South Beach after a very controversial TV special named “The Decision”. He brought former Cleveland Cavaliers team mate Zydrunas Ilgauskas with him. Chris Bosh left the Toronto Raptors to join his classmates in the 2003 NBA Draft as well. The trio has been dubbed the Miami Thrice.
Meanwhile, only two players are remaining from the 2006 Dallas squad, Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Terry. In the years that followed, they have acquired Jason Kidd, Shawn Marion, Tyson Chandler, Peja Stojakovic, J.J. Barea and Caron Butler among others.
1. This is a rematch of their 2006 NBA Finals series. Both teams are advancing to their second ever NBA Finals appearance.
2. The Heat entered the 2011 NBA Playoffs as the #2 seed in the Eastern Conference (58-24) while the Mavericks is seeded #3 in the West (57-25).
3. Dallas swept the regular season series 2-0.
SCHEDULE: Dallas wins series 4–2
The NBA Finals will be under a Tuesday-Thursday-Sunday rotation, and will commence on Tuesday, May 31.
Game 1 — Dallas Mavericks 84, Miami Heat 92
Game 2 — Dallas Mavericks 95, Miami Heat 93
Game 3 — Miami Heat 88, Dallas Mavericks 86
Game 4 — Miami Heat 83, Dallas Mavericks 86
Game 5 — Miami Heat 103, Dallas Mavericks 112
Game 6 — Dallas Mavericks 105, Miami Heat 95
I will post recaps after every game.
Dirk Nowitzki was named 2011 NBA Finals MVP.
Please read my related posts:
- 2011 NBA Finals | Dallas Mavericks vs Miami Heat Schedule The NBA Finals is already set! The Dallas Mavericks will be facing the Miami Heat, a rematch of their 2006 encounter when Dallas won the first two games at home before suffering a monumental collapse and lost the next four...
- 2011 NBA Finals | Dallas Mavericks vs Miami Heat Promo Videos On May 31, the Miami Heat and the Dallas Mavericks will begin the American Airlines Series – The Rematch. So-called because both teams play on arenas built by airline carrier American Airlines, this Finals marks a rematch of the 2006...
- 2011 NBA Finals | Heat vs Mavericks Game 6, Dallas Wins First NBA Title! Dirk Nowitzki is the best European player in NBA history having won the MVP award in 2007 … but he has not won a championship. Jason Kidd is one of the best point guards in NBA history with the second...
- Three Ways to Watch the 2011 NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs Dallas Mavericks Online! The 2011 NBA Finals between the Miami Heat and the Dallas Mavericks is set to start on May 31, 2011 at the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida, USA. This edition is a rematch of the 2006 encounter between the...
- 2011 NBA Playoffs | The Miami Heat Advance to the NBA Finals! Much like what happened with the OKC Thunder in the Western Conference Finals series, the Chicago Bulls were just too young and too inexperienced to understand how to close out a game. Down 12 points with about 3 minutes to...
- 2011 NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs Dallas Mavericks Scores and Results The 2011 NBA Playoffs is underway. Sixteen teams will battle it out in their respective series for the ultimate prize, the NBA championship. Herein posted are the scores of all the games from all brackets starting at the First Round...
- 2011 NBA Playoffs | The Dallas Mavericks Return to the NBA Finals! With a stunning display of veteran wits and calmness under pressure, the Dallas Mavericks win Game 5 of their series with the Oklahoma City Thunder today 100-96 to make a return to the NBA Finals since they made it for...
- 2011 NBA Finals | Heat vs Mavericks Game 1, Lebron Scores 24 To Win First Ever Finals Game Lebron James is 3 games away from redemption. Leading the Miami Heat with 24 points, 9 rebounds and 5 assists, Lebron finally win his first ever NBA Finals game with a 92-84 victory over the Dallas Mavericks while showing critics...
- 2011 NBA Finals | Heat vs Mavericks Game 3, Bosh Makes Go-Ahead Jumper in Win Thanks to Chris Bosh’ go-ahead jumper with 41 seconds remaining and Udonis Haslem’s tough defense on Dirk Nowitzki, Lebron James might have escaped another round of criticism. Criticized heavily in their Game 2 loss in Miami for celebrating to early...
- 2011 NBA Finals | American Airlines Series, The Rematch Welcome to the American Airlines series! In 2006, the Dallas Mavericks reached the NBA Finals for the first time losing to eventual champion Miami Heat who also reached the NBA Finals just for the first time. This year, the new...