Shaquille O’Neal’s Retirement Press Conference VideoCategory: Basketball
Shaquille O’Neal announced his intention to retire from playing basketball on twitter last June 1, 2011.
This day, he made it official with a press conference.
That one was filled with laughter from the crowd that gathered as Shaq made light of the moment even though he is now retiring from the sports he dominated for the better part of 19 years.
Shaq always finds time to insert a funny quote here and there. This is why the media loves him.
Known by his many nicknames, Shaq says:
“In light of today, I am retiring all my nicknames. The Big Aristotle, Shaq-Fu, The Big Shamrock, The Big Cactus, The Diesel, and finally, the one and only, original, never to be duplicated or replicated… Superman.”
“From now on, you can call me The Big AARP. Association for the Advancements of Retired Persons.”
His last line probably tells us what his next job would be after the NBA:
“I do plan on entertaining you for the next 19 years. Whether it’s TNT, ESPN, CNN; whoever wants to hire me, my offices open up on Monday.”
Watch the full video of Shaq’s retirement press conference below:
Please read my related posts:
- Shaquille O’Neal Retires! Announces Retirement on Twitter After dominating the NBA for 19 years, Shaquille O’Neal has announced on twitter his retirement. “We did it. 19 years...
- Yao Ming Announces Retirement From The NBA Another great NBA center has retired. Last month, Shaquille O’Neal announced on twitter his retirement after dominating the NBA for...
- 2010 NBA Free-Agent Signings | Shaquille O’Neal to Boston Celtics! The rumor that Shaq is going to Boston is true after all. Shaquille O’Neal has agreed today to play for...
- Shaquille O’Neal’s Career Highlights and Achievements [Year-By-Year] With a simple tweet, Shaquille O’Neal announces his retirement after 19 years of playing in the NBA. It’s so sad...
- Shaquille O’Neal Oddball and Promo Cards In the NBA trading cards hobby, a player collection is incomplete without oddball and promo cards. These are cards not...