Believe It Or Not! | Bernard Hopkins vs Chad DawsonCategory: Boxing
MATCHUP: Bernard “The Executioner” Hopkins vs Chad “Bad” Dawson
DATE: October 15, 2011
VENUE: Staples Center, Los Angeles, California, United States
FIGHT DETAILS: Bernard Hopkins defends his WBC and The Ring Light Heavyweight Championship from Chad Dawson.
American Hopkins (52 wins – 6 losses, 34 KOs) is the current WBC and The Ring Light Heavyweight champion.
He became the oldest boxer to ever win a world title at age 46 when he defeated Jean Pascal in a rematch last May 21, 2011.
American Dawson (30 wins – 1 loss, 17 KOs) is the former WBC, IBF & IBO light heavyweight champion.
FIGHT RESULT: After an uneventful first round, controversy marred the second round and the fight itself. While in a clinch, Dawson pushed his shoulder into Hopkins to break it. Hopkins was lifted off the ground, stumbled back and fell through the ropes, landing awkwardly on his shoulder.
Referee Pat Russell checked on Hopkins, who said he could continue “with one arm”. Russell elected not to let Hopkins continue and stopped the fight, awarding Dawson a technical knockout. This was the first time Hopkins had been knocked out in his career.
Watch the Bernard Hopkins vs Chad Dawson fight video below:
Please read my related posts:
- HBO Boxing: Dynasty 2, Bernard Hopkins Becomes Oldest Boxing Champion at 46! Never count the old man out. Last December 18, 2010 Bernard “The Executioner” Hopkins and Jean Pascal met for the...
- HBO Boxing: Dynasty 2, Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins Rematch MATCHUP: Jean Pascal vs Bernard “The Executioner” Hopkins 2 EVENT: Dynasty II: Pascal vs Hopkins DATE: May 21, 2011 VENUE:...
- The Rivals: Hopkins vs Jones II This April 3, 2010 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, Roy “The Terminator” Jones, Jr....
- The Terminator Executed by Hopkins in Rematch On May 22, 1993, Roy “The Terminator” Jones, Jr. got his first world title when he beat Bernard “The Executioner”...
- Adamek Survives “Nightmare” Arreola Last September 26, 2009 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, USA, Chris “Nightmare” Arreola failed in his chance...