CJ Corona Impeachment Trial: Senators Voted 20-3, GuiltyCategory: News
On May 29, 2012, the senator-judges of the Senate Impeachment Court casted their votes together with an explanation of their votes regarding the impeachment trial of Renato Corona, the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the Philippines.
Only the 2nd, 3rd and 7th articles were considered for voting out of the original 8 Articles of Impeachment presented by the prosecution.
Under Article 2 regarding the non-disclosure in the Statements of Assets, Liabilities and Net Worth (SALN), 20 Senators voted for the guilty verdict.
After the required two-thirds vote to remove from office was reached on the first article being voted upon, the Senate decided not to pursue voting on the last two articles.
This is the list of Philippine Senators who voted for Guilty and Not Guilty in the 2nd Article of Impeachment:
Senator Edgardo Angara
Senator Alan Peter Cayetano
Senator Pia Cayetano
Senator Franklin Drilon
Senator Chiz Escudero
Senator Jinggoy Estrada
Senator Teofisto Guingona III
Senator Gringo Honasan
Senator Panfilo Lacson
Senator Lito Lapid
Senator Loren Legarda
Semator Sergio Osmena
Senator Kiko Pangilinan
Senator Koko Pimentel
Senator Ralph Recto
Senator Bong Revilla Jr.
Senator Tito Sotto
Senator Antonio Trillanes
Senator Manny Villar
Juan Ponce Enrile
Senator Joker Arroyo
Senator Miriam Santiago
Senator Bongbong Marcos
There were no absences or abstentions.
Please read my related posts:
- Renato Corona Trial Verdict: Guilty Under 2nd Article of Impeachment For the first time in Philippine history, a public official was convicted guilty in an article of impeachment given him. Renato Corona, the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the Philippines was given the guilty verdict by the Senate...
- Atty. Vitaliano Aguirre Drew Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago’s Ire, Cited for Contempt Over ‘Hear No Evil’ Act In the current impeachment trial for Philippine Supreme Court Justice Renato Corona, you have to expect a verbal lashing every time Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago speaks. Apparently, one lawyer could not take it any longer. While Sen. Santiago was speaking about...
- The Sixty-One Senatorial Candidates Along with the 2010 presidential elections, the Philippine Senate election will also be held on May 10, 2010. This is to elect 12 of the 24 seats in the Senate. On December 15, 2009, the Commission on Elections (COMELEC) released...
- Vote for Manny Pacquiao in Time Magazine’s Top 100 List Time Magazine has already released the finalists for its annual list of 100 Most Influential People in the World. For this year’s list, 202 people (sometimes pairs or groups) are included in the online voting. The Philippines’ very own Manny...
- Violence, Long Lines, Voting Machine Glitches Did Not Prevent Pinoys From Casting Their Votes The 2010 Philippine Election was marred by violence long before it even started when 57 people were killed (mostly media men) in Maguindanao Province, Mindanao last November 23, 2009. On May 10, 2010 (election day), 27 casualties and 40 injuries...
- Site Milestone: 1,000th Blog Post Seven months after my 500th blog post last March 30, I have reached another site milestone today: this is my 1,000th blog post. While it has taken me 410 days to write the first 500 articles, it only took me...
- The 2010 Philippine Election It’s time to vote! Today, May 10, 2010 is the general election in the Philippines where registered Filipino voters go to polling precincts to cast their votes for their national (Presidential, senatorial and congressional) and local (gubernatorial and mayoral) candidates....
- Manila Hostage Crisis Souvenir Pictures, Flash Game and Hitler’s Reaction Whenever there’s a big fire or a road accident or a similar incident, we Filipinos usually flock to where the commotion is. In local lingo, we are “usisero”. I don’t know why but it’s just in our nature to be...
- Pictures and Design for New Philippine Peso Bills After years of looking so gloomy and lonesome, Ninoy Aquino is finally smiling. Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) unveils today the new design for the Philippine P500 peso bill that features the late Senator being joined by his wife, the...
- fleshasiadaily.com Raided by NBI I was watching Saksi of GMA Network last Friday night when a report about the NBI raid of the office of fleshasiadaily.com site operators caught my attention. I immediately plurked about it but since no one seemed to really care...